got ethical husbandry?

Windows 7 little help

Hi there !

I was given a little laptop, one of the mini with no cd/dvd unit. For security reasons the hard drive was removed.
Does anyone have a copy of Windows 7 I could borrow and a USB DVD external unit?
I have the Win7 key under the bottom cover, just need to install it from an external source.

I have Windows Vista and don't mind installing that OS but still, I need an external drive to run the installation on the new HDD

Thx!

That would be the complicated way, not familiar with USB install other than a USB-DVD unit, don't even know how an ISO file works, I'm more of a hardware than software guy

Windows 7 is the original version, shows on the sticker inside the bottom cover.
I had an external DVD burner and few months back since I had no use for it, took it to the Salvation Army, now I regret it, sort of...

Ok looks like its the standard edition, let me know if you like cd/dvd or bootable usb. You will have to see if your device supports boot to usb.

Siokoy

BIOS shows USB bootable, I thought it was only HDD but showed a sub-menu and the multiple choices HDD, DVD, USB, Network, even Floppy !!!
Thanks

Back