Jestersix

Woke up to this...

Sorry to hear that Mario. That sux bro. cover able by insurance?

Nope, not what I have and if I had that coverage the deductible might deter me.

So today I put back the old OEM radio, took me a hammer and a 2x4 to hammer back the metal that was bent; plastic bezel is warped so it shows something happened there; the only one who noticed was my son this morning...

I made an online police report, if they ever recover my property, I can claim it?... (Don't tell me I'm dreaming or to share the smoke) I chose online because I know the drill; blah blah blah... Submit it to your insurance company... It's like they are in sync with the thieves and insurance co. Vicious cycle, no crime, not so much need for the guys in blue nor reason for those hefty insurance premiums either...
Worst part is I have to look at it every day to remind me...

SF supposedly has highest per capita personal property crime in the US.

Also: Over last 5 years:
Crimes reported : Up 70%
Arrests: Down 30%

• 38,112: The number of serious crimes reported in 2010
  • 7,344: The number of arrests for serious crimes in 2010
  • 64,870: The number of serious crimes reported in 2015
  • 5,725: The number of arrests for serious crimes in 2015
(Numbers from SF examiner)

I was lucky when I lived in the city. Left my window wide open a few times after coming home from late night party. Parked on the street but everything was still there the next morning. Aftermarket radio, cash.

But on the flip side, had my car broken into at the wharf. Parked right outside the Barnes n Noble. Walked in to grab a cup of coffee, turned around after paying for it and noticed a bunch of people gathered at a window looking out. Joined them to see what was so interesting and saw 2 kids running away with my new car stereo. No one called the police, no one tried to scare them away or yell or anything. Just gathered for the show! The thieves had enough time to crawl to the back, through a 6 point roll cage to rip out the CD changer and crawl out!

I DID recover some stolen items from a car break in. But that was because a cop bought it from a guy at the flea market then saw my stolen notice at the store when he took it in to get it serviced. He called me and gave everything back to me after an interview at the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I go to what I refer to as the "Ghetto Mart" it's basically a Food 4 Less in the Bayview, and occasionally they have decent prices on soda or meat or whatever so it's worth a trip (during the day time). And on my way out to people in front of me going towards the exit noticed the security guard who's normally there wasn't, so what do they do, the lady in front grabs two bundt cakes, and then they pass a produce bin outside the front door and both of them grab a bag of apples, and then the lady in front drops them on the ground saying "I don't want no damn apples".

Had similar issues on the farm where groups of people would come in a pick up truck, pick a ton of pumpkins, men women and children, and then drive off knowing that if you shoot at them or shoot their tires they'll turn around and sue you.

I swear, some people it's just culture to steal shit, there's zero morals there, the only thing some people think of is whether or not they'll get caught. Neither of these cases involved "I'm hungry so I'm stealing" it was all about money or pleasure. The first group I would actually felt some sense of pity if they stole apples, that to me says maybe they're hungry, but nope, had to go for cakes... Karma did kick her in the butt as she was getting into the car, she dropped both of them.

Back