High Tide Aquatics

Woohoo, tank upgrade!

Found this little gem on CL.

ee532b1cd1470d72614066e1881c06a4.jpg

I was going to get a custom tank but to be honest, going from a 40g to a 250g was a little intimidating.

So when this popped up I decided to pick it up. This will give me an opportunity to go big without spending the big bucks on a custom tank n then deciding it was too much.

It's a DSA 190g, 60.5/27.5/27.5. There are a few scratches but I'll try to buff those out or just live with it.

It did come with a stand but was old n I didn't like it so I'm going to build a new stand with help from a fellow reefer.

Current plans include a pair of Kessil AP700s, Neptune WAV pumps with possibly a boost from a Gyre 150 over the top, Apex Gold, Bubble King Double Cone 250 skimmer, possibly a Vertex RX-C calcium reactor, Synergy Reef CL44 sump n ATO.

Can't wait to get started on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, thought it was a much smaller tank via the picture but then read the message, very nice 190g is a good fun size.

Just be careful with trying to buff out scratches in glass, while yes it can absolutely be done, it is in no way as forgiving as acrylic.

Whoa you bought the par monitoring kit? Why?

Cuz I want to log what the par values are at during the whole day and not just when I measure. Using 10k at 40% is different than using 20k at 40% because there are less LEDs being used at 20k. So unless I change the k rating and measure each time, the readings are just for that 1 color temp at that % at that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back