Kessil

Writer's Reef (Bruce's Tank)

Seen it in person. Is as nice as he makes it sound and look here. Way to finally join the club for real and "show us yours" Bruce! I enjoy seeing the new crop of members we have that are not about to have kids and drop out of the hobby. Bodes well for the club. Thanks for posting

Hey a bunch of us just had kids and are sticking around! :cool:
I'm in that group too...no worries, takes all kinds! Just guys like us have a little less time and money for the hobby in general. This club could use some mainstays that can take the reigns for a few years. We always do ok on numbers, but people tend to come and go a lot. Hoping we can change that a bit over the next few years.

Yeah I'm in that group now too, of course without kids things would have progressed faster than they have on my new tank... who am I kidding probably not :D

I do have an indoor outdoor lagoon pond setup though... my goal is to get everything setup before he gets mobile to the point of getting to the fish room, right now it's a major hazard for a kid (open body of water) but he's not anywhere (hopefully) close to being able to traverse the stairs to the basement and get into trouble. Then it becomes a matter of locking up the fish room/access so he doesn't screw with my stuff! :D

I have 3 kids. I setup my first tank when my daughter was 5 months. She is Now 10 months old and loves to see the fish. I TOLD MY WIFE THAT THE TANK WAS MY BABY GIRL TO SEE NEMO LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank is looking good! Makes me want to get a second mandarin too, never thought about it. Maybe it can teach the new one to eat pellet too hehe

I always see pods when I shine my flashlight into the overflow. But I do have a ton of chaeto and live rock in sump too.

Hi,
Do you mind sharing how you control nitrate and phosphate level? Do you use bio-pellet or gfo?

It is something I stuggle with from time to time (Nitrates -- not phoshates.). The biggest defense is a weekly 15% water change and I've lowered the amount I feed. I don't run bio-pellets or a reactor, but I do keep a bag of Chemipure and a bag of Seachem Phosguard under each return. I am going to add a Marinepure 8x4x4 brick later this week after having success with one in a barebottom, no rock frag tank.

I also put diapers on the tangs during the week to help collect waste.

Tank is looking good! Makes me want to get a second mandarin too, never thought about it. Maybe it can teach the new one to eat pellet too hehe

I always see pods when I shine my flashlight into the overflow. But I do have a ton of chaeto and live rock in sump too.

Get one! Make sure it's the opposite sex and when they pair up and do their mating dance you'll be forever thankful you pulled the trigger.

First I wanna say how much I like this tank. Never seen it in person but love the look of it. Second while I was raising my 3 kids I had 6 tanks running ( all salt ). Yeah some nights dinner wasn't all that great

Back