Jestersix

xinu's 375g tank

I just added a pair of percular to my main tank. They're been in the sump for almost 6mo. I bought a male watanabe too and placed him in the sump for now. I will move the watanabe to the main tank too once acclimated and I see him start eating.

Here is the picture of the pair percular.

DSCN2317.jpg

It's your fault Mike. Your lecture on solar energy cost me $20k ;D

Levi, total cost was $26.5k for 3.28kw but you get Fed tax rebate of $2k and a State incentive of $4k. Total out of pocket for me was ~$20k. And actually, I haven't even paid them yet other than the $1k deposit.

Look at the picture Dudley, SolarCity! :D

Man Perry I need to talk to them myself and get my commission check then! But in all seriousness, at 3.28kW even if you only get 4 hours of usable sunlight a day, that's almost 400 kWh per month, which at the top tier (which you're probably in being as you got that conditioned air stuff too) you'll pay that $20k off in no time (ok maybe 12 years or so... so don't sell your house until then :D)

[quote author=dswong01 link=topic=2609.msg50716#msg50716 date=1217621824]
Perry what vendor?
[/quote]

Hi Dudley,

SOLARCITY.

Same vendor that "Stubbz" used. And I think Tonggao might go with them, too.

Hi MIke,

They installed (16) 205W Kyocero KD205GX-LP modules for a total of 3.28kw but I think the effective wattage is only 2.77kw_dc with and AC equivalent of 2.47kw_ac.

It is not connected to the grid yet, but PG&E is scheduled to inspect the system on wednesday and the same time they'll replace my meter too.

Here is a picture of the inverter.

DSC_0209.jpg

Mike
Cant see photos at work. FYI S.F. offers an additional rebate of $3k-5k depending on location in the city on top of the fed and state rebates. That makes really attrative if looking to go green.

Ahh ok Dudley, but yeah SF does have a nice rebate however you need to read the fine print on their rebate, apparently you need a worker who was trained by some city service in order to qualify or something like that, unsure how easy that'll be but it really leaves the DIYer out of the loop.

Interesting how many people in SF have solar :D

http://sf.solarmap.org/

http://www.sfsolarsubsidy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/solar-incentive-description.pdf
They seem have changed the requirement
$3,000 back if you DIY
$4,000 for a SF based installer
$6,000 by contractors who graduated from SF's workforce development
(non-additive)
However if you somehow qualify as "low income" (granted that's kind of hard with a reef tank AND living in San Francisco :D) but you can get an ADDITIONAL $5,000 back. So if I could find a way to work the system to qualify for PG&E's CARE (which I'd need to pull a couple semesters of really small loads, however it seems 1 person needs to make less that $30,500 which is doable hmmm) I could potentially get $8-11k rebated!

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2609.msg50748#msg50748 date=1217639463]
What do you think your Electrical bill is going to be this month?
[/quote]

I think it will only help eliminate T3 in my pg&e bill.

Back