Kessil

Yellow Tang Issue

After speaking to a few knowledgeable people (you know who you are), I added three same sized juvenile yellow tangs at the same time to my 125G. One was killed by my female clown (who is now in a different tank). So I was left with 2. They seemed find for a couple of weeks, but one of them has grown a little faster and is now a bit larger than the other. The larger is bullying the smaller with some gusti. It looks like the smaller is trying to submit but the larger one is making sure the smaller one stays in a corner of the tank. At point pont do I need to think about separating them?

It's not allowing the smaller to leave the corner? Or just chasing back to the corner once a while? Any nipped fins?

How much are you feeding? Sometimes aggression can arise if they perceive there isn't enough food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feeding a lot: 3x per day with the addition of Nori every other day. No nipped fins yet, but I have seen the larger take shots at the smaller one. I don't releish the idea of trying to remove the smaller one as these tangs are super fast. I will keep an eye on it, but chances are I am going to need to find a home for one of them.

I think a little chasing here and there is not a concern. You are going to see that esp if you have con species in tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back