Kessil

ZeroInverse 150 gallon tank

aqua-nut said:
Ron, help me out here. What the heck is 'Asian-brace'! I googled it and just got pics of Asian teenagers wearing braces on their teeth!! :)

I'm guessing that is NOT what you are talking about.

Sweet tanks. How about some close up pics?

Here are close ups. I just called them Asian-brace since I think the tanks were made in Asia (maybe related to Aquatraders-like tanks)... Not like the typical eurobrace since these have overlapping areas of the glass brace part, which I think makes it more "square" and rigid (probably also easier to build). Also allows glass top to sit on the "lowered lip".

2013_%2525206_%2525204_10_42.jpg

2013_%2525206_%2525204_10_42.jpg

DSC_0279.JPG

All the container said was Montipora Sp., LED Vega Color, 7" HAW High/Mid
It looks neat and has green polyps with a brownish-blue(?) base.

Got this from BAR member mediumrare. Looks awesome and taught me that not all branching/sticks are acropora. For some reason, it got stuck in my head that all sticks are acropora. EVEN though I have digitatas, I had not realized they were montipora digitata. I was so used to idea that montis were mostly encrusting/playing kinds.
how's this guy doing? Any new shots?

Hey,

I have a frag of that from Ron! It's a good grower. I could easily break a stick off if you would like a DBTC.
The frag that zeroinverse has came form my colony :) (im horrible with names, who's Ron?)

EDIT: I plan on starting a DBTC post for this once i remember the name of it...

Here's a cellphone pic from yesterday of my colony looks like my tank has finally stabalized after my move this past Aug, so things are finally starting to grow fast again:
zcFYHnm.jpg

Last edited:
Mediumrare,

Ron is me. ;)

Unfortunately, with my tank move, I lost some SPS. However, I was smart enough to pass this DBTC frag to Bondolo (mike).

But as a result, I would love a frag of this again since I like the growth pattern.

We can do a DBTC swap (my miyagi for your monti). Happy to get you one of my larger pieces since I broke apart the while colony.

Mediumrare,

Ron is me. ;)

Unfortunately, with my tank move, I lost some SPS. However, I was smart enough to pass this DBTC frag to Bondolo (mike).

But as a result, I would love a frag of this again since I like the growth pattern.

We can do a DBTC swap (my miyagi for your monti). Happy to get you one of my larger pieces since I broke apart the while colony.

That sounds good, ill have a frag available for you at the BAR meetup on the 14th. Just reply to the DBTC thread I just made, it'll help me keep track.

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/index.php?threads/ora-jeremy’s-montipora.16021/

Back