Jestersix

Ashburn's 187g endgame II

hard to say, possible that I dropped the rocks at one point? And it developed a chip and finally it cracked due to stress. Could be something else.

So I swapped out with a ruby sump and it’s way smaller/taller than my liking, might have to look around for a bigger sump. Or just speed up and shut down the frag tank sooner than planned.

9A266771-6CFB-4934-8755-166948DBCADB.jpeg
All four seams fits blade easily… what a POS

I’ve taken apart glass tank before, and those tanks’s seam are way tighter than this sump, there’s no way I can fit this blade in.

finally taking out racks in the frag tank and moving some frags over to display tank. Move some fishes over to display tank as well.

progress is slow, but it's what it is. I dont want to rush it and ended up killing my corals.

Last edited:
yeah knowing your garage... its gonna take a lot of power to heat all those water, maybe foam all 3 sides and insulate the sump as well, also add glass top to keep the water in? i had my 300g system in old garage that was not insulated, and the electric bill in winter was killing me.

On another note, my new battery ( Anker Powerhouse II 800) came in rescue for the last few black out days, and it can run my pump straight for 24 hours. comparing to gas generators, it's quiet, and works right away.

On another note, my new battery ( Anker Powerhouse II 800) came in rescue for the last few black out days, and it can run my pump straight for 24 hours. comparing to gas generators, it's quiet, and works right away.
Isn’t it better to get the Honda 2000/2200 generator, a used one is around the same price range? And their noise level are quiet too.

Isn’t it better to get the Honda 2000/2200 generator, a used one is around the same price range? And their noise level are quiet too.
• it's loud comparing to battery (0 db to 50db)
• i can't run it in house/garage
• battery last me 24 hours for just pump operation, while i have to fill the gas every 8 hours for the honda generator. ( and gas price is high now )
• as for the price range, new vs used, i'd rather go with new without problem i have to deal with down the road with used generator (

pretty much no brainer for me to go with the battery.

Last edited:
Back