High Tide Aquatics

Ashburn's 187g endgame II

*sighs* some how i let my guard down again and got another snail went into the drain pipe, WHY DO THEY LOVE TO CRAW INTO HOLES THAT DOESN'T FIT THEM???

but yeah had to leave work in the middle of the night to check what cause the flood, found out it was another snail that clog the drain, and I made it worse by fiddle it and it went down deeper, so I had to stop the return to the frag tank and clean up the mess, one power brick was burnt, and EB832 was fried. :(

had to spend my only day off to clean up the rest mess and do a quick sale on the frags in the frag tank, thank god things moved fast within a few hours got everything cleared and tank was out of the garage by evening, then comes the stand.

when i cut the drain pipe to see the damage, and get the damn snail out, turns out there were not one, but two snails double teamed, and that expalin why the drain was so slow and it would some time wont drain at all unless i limit the return to a minimal.

right now I'm using an apex jr for the time being until i can get another eb832. hopefully this is the end of it. for now...

I also swapped out my CarX for a smaller aquamaxx cTech T-2, so it will fit the new spot. going to put the old beast up for sale soon.

*sighs* some how i let my guard down again and got another snail went into the drain pipe, WHY DO THEY LOVE TO CRAW INTO HOLES THAT DOESN'T FIT THEM???

but yeah had to leave work in the middle of the night to check what cause the flood, found out it was another snail that clog the drain, and I made it worse by fiddle it and it went down deeper, so I had to stop the return to the frag tank and clean up the mess, one power brick was burnt, and EB832 was fried. :(

had to spend my only day off to clean up the rest mess and do a quick sale on the frags in the frag tank, thank god things moved fast within a few hours got everything cleared and tank was out of the garage by evening, then comes the stand.

when i cut the drain pipe to see the damage, and get the damn snail out, turns out there were not one, but two snails double teamed, and that expalin why the drain was so slow and it would some time wont drain at all unless i limit the return to a minimal.

right now I'm using an apex jr for the time being until i can get another eb832. hopefully this is the end of it. for now...

I also swapped out my CarX for a smaller aquamaxx cTech T-2, so it will fit the new spot. going to put the old beast up for sale soon.
I have an eb832 you can use for the time being. If only you weren't so damn far.

look what came in the mail
image.jpg

so the trident still doesnt work after the service kit, i went ahead and bought a new one, turns out this new unit is DOA, lights etc doesnt even turn on, but it does get seen on my apex system... just no lights and source sample error.. *sighs* at this point i'm going to just ditch trident and go without one. return the DOA unti with neptune/brs is pain in the ass, I need to fill out a form, mailing the box back to them for RMA and pay shipping on my own. They don't even offer a prepaid shipping slip.

so the trident still doesnt work after the service kit, i went ahead and bought a new one, turns out this new unit is DOA, lights etc doesnt even turn on, but it does get seen on my apex system... just no lights and source sample error.. *sighs* at this point i'm going to just ditch trident and go without one. return the DOA unti with neptune/brs is pain in the ass, I need to fill out a form, mailing the box back to them for RMA and pay shipping on my own. They don't even offer a prepaid shipping slip.
I detest companies that don’t pay for DOA return shipping! I just spent $60 to ship a $95 defective item back to China.

I am confused.
I thought BRS guaranteed a zero cost exchange on DOA within 30 days.
It still says that on their website.

Tip: Buy from a local store like Neptunes / Aquatic Collection.
Ask if there is a cash discount for BAR members.
Might save some money, supports local stores, and often you can take a DOA back to them.

Actually my RMA request was routed to Nepturn to handle the return, all i see is a form to fill out and address to send the box back. nothing that says it's covered by them, this makes my experience with them to be an hassle. and I might just go to local stores next time.

As far as the RMA Policies and Repairs are concerned:

It typically happens very quickly. Over ninety-five percent of the time, returns are returned one to two weeks after we receive them. You cover shipping to us, we cover ground shipping back to you. We do not incur costs associated with Tax GST (general sales tax) and PST (province sales tax) if shipping outside the US. We do offer expedited shipping options if you are so interested.

Neptune Systems Service Repair is available for systems either in or out of their one (1) Year Warranty period on modules and (90) Day Warranty period on probes. If your system is out of warranty, repairs can range from $35 to $500 (if the whole board needs to be replaced due to circumstances outside of Neptune System's control). If your system is out of (1) Year Warranty or determined to be caused by something other than a manufacturer's defect, payment will be required before Neptune Systems will repair your system. Neptune Systems will not return RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) products deemed hazardous and/or unsafe back to the customer if the repair charges are declined. We do not return old parts from previously repaired units. A minimum $35 diagnostics fee may apply if the item is out of warranty, NPF (no problem found), or a non-warranty repair is refused. Neptune's factory repaired item comes with a 60-day warranty starting from the date of repair.

Two attempts will be made to contact you to arrange for payment. If we are unable to contact you, we will hold items post repair for (90) Days. Neptune Systems may recycle your items after the (90) day period, or your system may be returned to you unrepaired. Any system that is found to be counterfeit or altered (e.g., software modification, hardware modification, tampered with, etc.), is considered damaged and cannot be brought back to its original working condition. As such, your system will be returned as-is and your only option would be to purchase a replacement at retail.

I am confused.
I thought BRS guaranteed a zero cost exchange on DOA within 30 days.
It still says that on their website.

Yeah that surprises me too. I've returned things to them as easily as Amazon. I wonder if it's not always the case.

EDIT: nevermind, just saw the response

Tip: Buy from a local store like Neptunes / Aquatic Collection.
Ask if there is a cash discount for BAR members.
Might save some money, supports local stores, and often you can take a DOA back to them.
trident was on sale at BRS thats why i boght it.

Back