got ethical husbandry?

Volunteers Needed for the 2019 Regional Frag Swap

I can help with Coral/Bonus check-in, as a third person helping with the logistics of it, handing out bonus tickets, etc, to allow the more knowledgeable people to focus on the actual corals coming through.

We still need 2 people who understand the wide variety of the actual bonus/ultra corals for check in, and to briefly check for coral health. I would think people who sell corals for work or side gigs would be particularly in tune with this if any are willing to help out.

Since sfsuphysics is now the Frag Swap Coordinator (aka Big Kahuna), maybe someone else should be the coral police to free him up. Since he has done it for years he could say better what it is, but basically you’d be the person standing at the entrance to the coral area, making sure people are following the rules with respect to entry/exit timing, group letter, not moving corals to the wrong table, etc.

More than anything it‘s a good post if you want to chit chat with lots of people but have a built-in time limit on every conversation :)

Since sfsuphysics is now the Frag Swap Coordinator (aka Big Kahuna), maybe someone else should be the coral police to free him up. Since he has done it for years he could say better what it is, but basically you’d be the person standing at the entrance to the coral area, making sure people are following the rules with respect to entry/exit timing, group letter, not moving corals to the wrong table, etc.

More than anything it‘s a good post if you want to chit chat with lots of people but have a built-in time limit on every conversation :)
I thought @jonmos75 did a good job at this. I don’t know if he’s going though.

I'm not going to lie, anyone can do it, it requires no skill, which is precisely why I did it.

For people who are giving generic "I can help, just don't know..." I'll make sure people fit into positions they are comfortable with.

The Board has decided to waive the entry fee to the Regional Frag Swap for volunteers as a thank you to those who step up to help.

If you are volunteering and have already paid, please let @rygh know so we can refund you.

We are still looking for knowledgeable volunteers to help with the Coral/Bonus check-in since our usual volunteers for this position aren’t able to make it this time.

@Josh Kinsell
When did you plan on arriving? If you're arriving early we could use you on setup, if you're arriving around the time of check-in we could pencil you in as coral police/secondary announcer. The latter is basically making sure people follow the rules of the swap in the swap area, simple things like no holding 2 corals in their hands, letting people know when it's getting close to leave the the picking area, and ultimately when to leave the picking area, obviously participating in the swap you switch out that role with someone. But it's not something that requires you to know corals much at all, although it doesn't hurt. I can fill you in on the day of the swap if you're in.

@Josh Kinsell
When did you plan on arriving? If you're arriving early we could use you on setup, if you're arriving around the time of check-in we could pencil you in as coral police/secondary announcer. The latter is basically making sure people follow the rules of the swap in the swap area, simple things like no holding 2 corals in their hands, letting people know when it's getting close to leave the the picking area, and ultimately when to leave the picking area, obviously participating in the swap you switch out that role with someone. But it's not something that requires you to know corals much at all, although it doesn't hurt. I can fill you in on the day of the swap if you're in.
I can be there early and throughout. Let me know what time I should arrive.

I can be there early and throughout. Let me know what time I should arrive.
Yanno, I think I'll plug you into coral police, so just show up sometime before the swap obviously during check in time so you can be ready. Then that's one less thing to worry about as setup shouldn't be too much of an issue with 3 people who will be there early already.

Is there a confirmed list of volunteers yet? I've raised my hand but can't do coral checking so not sure if my help is needed?

Is there a confirmed list of volunteers yet? I've raised my hand but can't do coral checking so not sure if my help is needed?
So sorry we missed you, how about clean up duty at the end? Or if you can't stay until the end rotate out with coral police or help with frag running.

Last edited:
There’s not, just an amo and speakers that we can hook up to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Tim Obert are the speakers located throughout the place? outside? So that we can announce picking group and have everyone in the establishment hear, otherwise we'll sign people up for "ring girl" duty to walk around with big cards with a letter on them :D

Back