Reef nutrition

swap meet coral haul

Well I don't have a picture of things, that just seems like too much work :)
But going from memory I got
Bubblegum Digi from that guy who came from around Oroville (he also donated the Low Boy frag tank for the silent auction so props to him!)
Utter Chaos Zoas
Gatorade Zoas
Lime in the Sky acro
Electric blue digitata
And a red acan (micromussa) Lord.

Oh also my brown acro from Maureen's class to see if it colors up into something :D

I got:
* Hollywood Stunner Chalice
* Red "Sorry" (looks like SPS)
* Yellow Favia (From Glee)
* Space Invader Pectinia (from Glee)
* Purple "Random" Chalice
* Rainbow Monti
and
* Duncans

A lot from the middle school.

Hopefully it all lives.

I got ya - I like the no name stuff, makes it more mysterious and interesting! I'll take some pictures once it gets acclimated.

My wife picked pretty well

The tinniest Bounce mushroom ever
WWC twizzler zoas
Nirvana Zoas
Jason fox star gazer zoas
Chong bong zoas
Gatorade zoas
Unknown zoa that still hasn’t opened

My favorite so far is the nirvana

Some nice zoas “hopefully” as lights are out and they weren’t opened when I checked the frag tank last. Nice montis and the coral I never heard about before a purple Cespitularia

Nirvana zoas
Vamps in drag zoas
Rasta zoas
Blue zoa (unnamed)
LA Lakers Monti
Purple haze Monti

Seemed like everyone had a good time. Thanks to 7 Stills for hosting again. I really like having it there where we have food and drinks available. Thanks to all the east bay folks for making the trek across the bridge.

Zoas were dipped pretty hard and everything was pissed off yesterday, no pics.

Well I don't have a picture of things, that just seems like too much work :)
But going from memory I got
Bubblegum Digi from that guy who came from around Oroville (he also donated the Low Boy frag tank for the silent auction so props to him!)
Utter Chaos Zoas
Gatorade Zoas
Lime in the Sky acro
Electric blue digitata
And a red acan (micromussa) Lord.

Oh also my brown acro from Maureen's class to see if it colors up into something :D

I think you probably got my Lime in the sky acro and my electric blue digitata.
The Lime in the Sky is under med flow and only in 150 par with Kessil AP 700.
The electric German blue digi likes high light (300-350 par) and moderate to high flow. It grows fast but is very brittle and breaks easily.
My frag rack didn't give the perfect environments so they aren't fully colored up yet. They'll grow well under the stated conditions and color up really nicely.
I've never seen any blue in the lime in the sky though.
Let me know if you ever get any blue in it!
Enjoy.

BTW I got one of your green slimer frags.

AP700 explains things, especially if you were growing it on a frag rack on the side of the tank. Fortunately my sandbed is 200 peak PAR so I should have some place for them to go... well I shouldn't say someplace I know where the digi goes, it's going on the one rock in my tank that is non-acro sticks :D

Hi Chris,

I got your Rock Anemones (was like 5 small ones there, I gave one to Tim the owner of 7 stills), 2 frags of clove polyps, a Purple Stylo, and Unknown Stlyo. I think I missed a round since I couldn't hear anything where I was, but that was fun event.

I picked up some nice pieces. Was glad to see an abundance of LPS corals!

Rainbow Acan from Chris aka Micromax, thanks for coming all the way down to SF. I'll have to hit you up and the store when I am up north.
Purple Monster zoa from Rolf
Pink Hippo zoa from Rolf
GB Buttkisser zoa from Rostato
Mixed pack (my favorite, thanks Mike) of war coral, orange crush acan, lobo, and orange litho

I missed the 2nd round picks and on...talking to Kyle who I invited to come see the swap. Hope he joined in time to participate in the members only swap next year.

Yeah you're going to have to let me know if you go up north and plan on meeting up with Micromax, he's a mushroom lover and I think would love one of the ROYGBIV mushrooms, I showed him one and he actually said he'd pick it with one of his bonus tickets if it was out there, so I can send one up with you to give him. I was talking with him on and off through the day along with his wife(?), plus he donated that Low Boy tank, so I'll happily give him some stuff.

Glad the mixed pack made it, the war coral and orange crush are both quite aggressive but hoped the plastic would keep them separated some what. I thought about gluing them down instead, but eh... too many frags to worry about doing something like that.

No didn't bring any, I was filling up my ice chest, and when I got to about 27 containers I was happy to be done and closed it not even thinking about my softy tank... well not true, I was going to bring RBTAs if they were easy enough to pull off, they were not. Bottom line is I forgot.

I picked all zoas, ASD reverse space monster from A Aaron , Nirvana paly from JVU, & some Yodas from flamingolegs
I sat out the rest of the rounds and let others have at it. I enjoyed the small chit chat I had with new and old members I recognized.

it was my first club event and I had a blast. Also won the frag tank so now I’m looking forward to setting that up. Couple quick photos.
Space invader
Purple monsters
Meteor shower cyphastrea
Mystic sunset monti
Copps Calicali
Green birdsnet
Rainbow pocillapora
3E50A744-8C7C-47AC-9D24-4E1A8D8D2594.jpeg
1C954D06-59D4-4FFC-9FE1-D3000A86C451.jpeg
B922904C-6780-4C7F-84CD-9944F0459DAE.jpeg

Back