Jestersix

Hand-raised Dumbo Eared Rats For Sale

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Looking for sweet and playful pet rats? Teacher next door has raised some in a classroom with daily handling by middle school students, so they are some of the friendliest rats you’ll ever meet. Rehoming fee of $20 each or $30 for a pair of same sex rats. Prefer to sell in pairs since they are social creatures and get depressed if alone without another rat to snuggle, groom, and play with. They are almost 6 weeks old and ready to leave Mama Rat. Let me know if you would like photos or care info. Available in Pleasant Hill or Martinez.

Might sound like a weird pet, but I had one when I was like 6, and it was a great pet. Much less responsibility than a dog or cat, but very interactive and sweet. Got it from the exact same situation. Highly recommend it for a little kids first pet.

Rats are really sweet pets. The love their owner like dogs and will do anything for a treat. Do not live as long as a dog so can be a plus or a minus depending on the age of your child. Perfect for a 10ish child, who will in a couple years be on to bigger and better things.

They really are not interested in escape they just want to be with you.

[QUOTE="Kim Pattison, post: 353079, member: 10110"}
They really are not interested in escape they just want to be with you.[/QUOTE]

Haha - one of the young ones apparently did not make it back into the cage one afternoon, and when the teacher came in next morning she saw it outside the cage trying to get in, then when she got close it ran to her and tried to climb up.
They all found homes before school got out - people love their cute ears.
If anyone might want dumbo eared rats or a leopard gecko in the fall, let me know.

Bumping up to the top - new batches of rats ready and soon ready. Example:
B3B544C5-0225-4C66-92D3-F8AE877A9382.jpeg

Last edited:
From the teacher who raises them:
Any animal with teeth can bite. These are very friendly, hand-raised rats. They are not biters and have never bitten anyone, but you would also not want to get them into bad habits by putting treats and fingers through cages. They especially get to know their owner’s scent and trust them. Mother rats are much more aggressive and likely to bite while protecting their babies while all hormonal.

Back