Our mission

Another UV thread

I don’t understand what you mean about reaching the back wall? Is the tank to close to the wall?

Sorry Mike if I bother too much:

34c67065d8c6a8e21c89218a2b6b2f9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. Just trying to help. Now I see why it’s hard to reach. Still doable in my opinion but yeah harder than I’d want it to be.
That's why I'm trying to keep everything inside the sump which is not an easy task! Probably will get aquaultraviolet 15W with small pump and put it in the sump upside-down - with outlet underwater, and bulb housing higher than waterline.

I would drain tank into a large bin or garbage can, pull out from wall, install the uv behind the tank, ideally high enough up that you can reach it later even if you need a step stool to change the bulb, and then push tank back and refill it. I’d run the output from the light directly into the tank over the back rim. That’s just me tho.

I would drain tank into a large bin or garbage can, pull out from wall, install the uv behind the tank, ideally high enough up that you can reach it later even if you need a step stool to change the bulb, and then push tank back and refill it. I’d run the output from the light directly into the tank over the back rim. That’s just me tho.
I guess I can use flex silicon and run it without emptying the tank - I'm a little scared to have any water lines outside the tank though...

Back