Cali Kid Corals

Damien's Red Sea Reefer 350

Every time I go to a LFS I open the door of their running display tanks to see how they do.
Good inspiration for a beginner

816A63CF-A47F-4346-9CEB-7555084891BF.jpeg

16437813-AF6A-408A-A2D9-1741EB270910.jpeg

so currently have
1 yellow tang
1 blue tang
1 pair of clownfish
3 cardinals
3 green chromis

would you add more fish and if yes what would you suggest ?

looks good. you might want to consider adding a 3rd light. i run 4x xr15pros over the same tank for my sps dominate tank. as for fish, have you looked into anthias?

Maybe. I think that balance is fine, but you could definitely handle more if you wanted to. I’m a fan of small colorful and active so lyretail anthias/more chromis is what I would do.
I would also say long term the blue tang is likely to get too big.

@Coral reefer suggested lyretail anthias when he came check the tank.
regarding the light I thought about it but so far so good , I have decent growth and things seems to be happy , but for sure something I am keeping in mind

Maybe. I think that balance is fine, but you could definitely handle more if you wanted to. I’m a fan of small colorful and active so lyretail anthias/more chromis is what I would do.
I would also say long term the blue tang is likely to get too big.
Both tangs weren’t planned . We went at petco Redwood City and we saw them in their tiny maybe 3 gallons tank , and we couldn’t let them there ... they will be with us until they outgrow the tank and we upgrade to a bigger tank or find a bigger better home . ( hopefully option 1 if I convince my wife )

Both tangs weren’t planned . We went at petco Redwood City and we saw them in their tiny maybe 3 gallons tank , and we couldn’t let them there ... they will be with us until they outgrow the tank and we upgrade to a bigger tank or find a bigger better home . ( hopefully option 1 if I convince my wife )
I heard that someone is getting rid of a 7' tank.

Back