High Tide Aquatics

Green BTA

henergizer

Supporting Member
Hello BAR,

Got this green BTA from the most recent BAR swap from @Vincerama2 . It looks like it may be interfering with my RBTAs as they are in the same nem box and they have shrunk a bit.

Supporting members only.

Free or trade for zoas or chalice.

Attachments

• 1578045D-7682-4E24-931B-D6625326925C.jpeg
    1578045D-7682-4E24-931B-D6625326925C.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 139
not the first time I've heard of people saying their GBTA seemed to annoy other BTA strains, I wonder if it's in any way a different species or subspecies or something else biological that I know nothing about :D

I’m not sure either. I tried separating the GBTA in its own cup inside the nem box but it insisted on crawling out and mingling with the others.

Have been reading conflicting information all over. Guess it’s hit or miss

@wazzupmac do you have a backup plan in the case that the GBTA and RBTA cannot be house together?

I only ask so that you won’t be in the same position I am.

I’m currently keeping the GBTA inside a separate container inside the nem box so the RBTA and GBTA don’t touch. I also have a 29g biocube so space is extremely limited.

Maybe a large enough tank so they’ll be in separate corners or an isolation box with just one of the nems.

Most likely due to chemical warfare. Very difficult to keep rose or rainbow anemones with green anemones for a prolonged period even though they are all from the E. quadricolor species. Try running carbon for a bit to suck out the chemicals, that might help your RBTAs recover.

@wazzupmac do you have a backup plan in the case that the GBTA and RBTA cannot be house together?

I only ask so that you won’t be in the same position I am.

I’m currently keeping the GBTA inside a separate container inside the nem box so the RBTA and GBTA don’t touch. I also have a 29g biocube so space is extremely limited.

Maybe a large enough tank so they’ll be in separate corners or an isolation box with just one of the nems.
I just picked up a Red Sea Nano that I’m setting up after Thanksgiving in the garage - got the Rubbermaid with live rock already going in the garage for the past 4 months. If all hell breaks loose it could go in the Fluval Evo I picked up on here earlier this week as a temporary shelter. But I’ll trust your guys judgement - I was a long time freshwater guy on the east coast with everything from apistogramma to a black arowana - as saltwater is a new 1.5-2 year adventure.

Most likely due to chemical warfare. Very difficult to keep rose or rainbow anemones with green anemones for a prolonged period even though they are all from the E. quadricolor species. Try running carbon for a bit to suck out the chemicals, that might help your RBTAs recover.
I run carbon all the time. Probably need a refresh and increase the amount. I’ll give that a try.

Funny thing is now that there is a physical barrier between the RBTA and GBTA, the RBTA are trying to move towards the GBTA.

@wazzupmac PM’d you

I’m not sure either. I tried separating the GBTA in its own cup inside the nem box but it insisted on crawling out and mingling with the others.

Have been reading conflicting information all over. Guess it’s hit or miss
I think your other nems have found a favorable spot and the GBTA is trying to get in on the action. I mean seriously, it's a good spot in terms of lighting and flow and it's just where the anemone wants to be, like the others.

V

Back