Jestersix

“I got worms”

I walked by my tank a few minutes ago with my flashlight since the house and aquarium lights were off and I noticed a little worm on the bottom. Well, I thought I saw one before so I looked and noticed quite a few of them moving around. I managed to catch one to try and get some PID on it. I assume it’s a type of bristleworm but beyond that, I’m lost. Anybody out there know for sure what kind these are?

Attachments

• 79EAAD1F-9399-4EB1-9D9D-105451078686.jpeg
    79EAAD1F-9399-4EB1-9D9D-105451078686.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 139
I walked by my tank a few minutes ago with my flashlight since the house and aquarium lights were off and I noticed a little worm on the bottom. Well, I thought I saw one before so I looked and noticed quite a few of them moving around. I managed to catch one to try and get some PID on it. I assume it’s a type of bristleworm but beyond that, I’m lost. Anybody out there know for sure what kind these are?
I second that.. bristle worm. Can’t tell but maybe a baby.

It’s the standard reef aquarium worm we call bristleworms. That is technically a large class of worms (some of which are solidly the stuff of nightmares), but for the most part we all have the same species or few related species that don’t wreck havoc. Main problem with the ones we get is a mild sting if you touch them that lasts a couple days.

Last edited:
Back