Our mission

3-D printed maxijet impellers ... ??

I don't have a 3-D printer, but I was thinking that 3-D printed Maxijet (or other pump) impellers might be a cool product. The entire pumps are about $20, and I see the impellers sell for over $10 ... so if someone made them for like $5, I think they'd be popular ... with me. I see thinkverse has a MJ 1000 impeller plan.

Just a thought. I wonder if it would be worthwhile. I eat up MJ-400 impellers inmy kalkwasser mixer.

V

As far as I know what usually goes bad on those is a tiny amount of moisture gets in, magnet rusts and expands, and then locks up. I don’t see how 3-D printing plastic addresses it. Maybe the causes of failure in kalkwasser are different; I don’t use it so I don’t know.

It's hard to make 3d print as strong as injection molding - PETG plastic might work if it's possible to get the old impeller off the shaft we can try to model it.

As far as I know what usually goes bad on those is a tiny amount of moisture gets in, magnet rusts and expands, and then locks up. I don’t see how 3-D printing plastic addresses it. Maybe the causes of failure in kalkwasser are different; I don’t use it so I don’t know.

In my kalk mixer, the fins of the impeller get worn off.

As for strength of 3D printed stuff, I was just thinking they would be cheap/easy to make replacement parts.

I have to revisit this again as yet another Maxi-jet has had it's impeller fins busted off. This one isn't on the kalk-mixer, just a feed pump to my sulphur denitrator.
I wish they'd make the impellers out of aluminum or something. But then I guess you wouldn't have people paying for new impellors or pumps.

Sigh...

The tops and bottom of the impeller shaft seem glued in place or something, I'll see if it can be removed from the shaft.

V

Back