Jestersix

Acro Dipping

Blaise006

Supporting Member
For starters, everything that has entered my tank has gone into a dip of CoralRX.

I recently came across various posts on R2R discussing how harsh CoralRX is compared to Bayer. People have said that growth is hampered, or it caused an RTN event.

I started to think maybe that’s why I lost the Palmers Blue Milli from Coral Reefer a couple months ago. Pure speculation honestly because I don’t see many negative effects in my tanks for the frags that are in it.

I don’t have a coral qt so I have been worried about using Bayer because I didn’t want any excess to come off the frag and leach into my system to kill my inverts.

What have your experiences been regarding your dipping procedure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use CoralRX exclusively for the last 3 years. nothing goes in to my tank before i dip it with CoralRX including Millis.. never seen any issues...

i use CoralRX exclusively for the last 3 years. nothing goes in to my tank before i dip it with CoralRX including Millis.. never seen any issues...

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I’ve seen some of your colonies so that makes me feel comfortable to continue using it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a strong Melafix as a dip, mostly to remove pests... it's fairly gentle even in high doses.

Some farmers use 5mL melafix pond plus 2 drops lugol's to 1G water... soak for 20 mins. I didn't care for this as I think Lugol's can be harsh...

Bayer has worked great for me. I’ve cured some sick LPS with a very high dose of lugals to a dipping container. I’m talking like 20 drops to a quart

Bayer has worked great for me. I’ve cured some sick LPS with a very high dose of lugals to a dipping container. I’m talking like 20 drops to a quart
Every time I do a concentrated lugol's for shrooms, they wind up melting... my new thing is antibiotic dips -- has worked well for me... (if i don't forget to remove the coral from the solution that is. memory of a gnat!)

I use TLF revive to dip and it’s worked to get some nasty stuff off frags. And I wouldn’t attribute any losses to the dip.

Every time I do a concentrated lugol's for shrooms, they wind up melting... my new thing is antibiotic dips -- has worked well for me... (if i don't forget to remove the coral from the solution that is. memory of a gnat!)
What antibiotic dip? I’ve used Furan 2 before

Back