Cali Kid Corals

Aggressive Coral Beauty toward Maroon

dioworld

Supporting Member
Hi ,
I recently bought a coral beauty, first 2 days it looks pretty peaceful with the smaller maroon, but this morning when I woke up, I saw some sign of scar on the maroon, slight damage fin and little bit on the body.
Now I'm seeing the maroon swimming closer to the top to avoid the CB. I remember I had those before and CB was pretty peaceful. Do you think it's just initial aggression or will it get worse? It's not like the CB is charging hard on the maroon every single time, just occassional looks bully toward the CF. Do I need to talk to the LFS and trying to see if they can take back the CB?
Thanks

Hi ,
I recently bought a coral beauty, first 2 days it looks pretty peaceful with the smaller maroon, but this morning when I woke up, I saw some sign of scar on the maroon, slight damage fin and little bit on the body.
Now I'm seeing the maroon swimming closer to the top to avoid the CB. I remember I had those before and CB was pretty peaceful. Do you think it's just initial aggression or will it get worse? It's not like the CB is charging hard on the maroon every single time, just occassional looks bully toward the CF. Do I need to talk to the LFS and trying to see if they can take back the CB?
Thanks
What size is the tank? Picture of the setup could help too. Do you have plenty of hiding spots and rockwork to break line of sight?

100 Gallon, yup, plenty of rocks, 60 inch

Attachments

• 20220919_123546_HDR.jpg
    20220919_123546_HDR.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thanks. will see if we have any extra mirror laying around.
Luckily the CB is not constantly looking and chasing it to attack. But the stupid clown knowing the big guy going to attack him sometimes he just swim directly toward him.

There were three at the frag swap! There's definitely some available here from other members. Check the different forums here like pay it forward or maybe one of the DBTC listings.

Back