Jestersix

And they strike again...

Man it sucks; spent the thanksgiving holiday away in Oregon and came back to find yet again, another car window busted but this time some stuff was taken, some tools and aquarium stuff I had left in the trunk and forgot to take out.

Bloody hell! Twice in such a short timespan?!? That's just awful.

I knew a guy that had his car window broken so frequently, he resorted to taking out anything with value and left all the car windows down with a note "Just leave the windows intact." Not a recommendation or even a viable option for most people, but at least you're not the only person frustrated by constant break-ins. Hang in there!

Oh no. So sorry to hear that, Mario. That happened to me when I used to live in S.F. I had to open all the obvious containers (glove compartment, ash tray, center console) to show the stupid thieves there was absolutely nothing of value in the car.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2007-08-13/bay-area/17258305_1_jerry-brown-top-lawman-lincoln-town-car

Heh... even in "safe places" SF is still not so safe for cars :(

The first window was on my sister's car, I drive it from time to time and parked it in a "nice" neighborhood, Noe Valley.
I drove that same car up to Oregon and parked mine also in the same "nice" neighborhood; came back to find a mess inside.
24th St. up in NV is normally a safe neighborhood but some dirt might have moved into the area, two shops were robbed overnight this past week, one of them my sister's business. Might be a crack-head that needs money for the addiction.

It could be just the holiday season that brings in people who would vandalize and steal.

My cousin just got her house broken into a week ago - granted it was out of state (they live in TX). All of the heirloom jewelry and electronics were stolen - place was a mess.

Luckily, they left the dog alone.

Back