Reef nutrition

Anemone + Nem Cup Yay or Nay?

thesassyindian

Supporting Member
Any of you have had any success or bad experiences with anemones and nem cups?
Have they ever walked out of these?

Trying to get a nem for my clowns which hand out by the return nozzle in the back corner of the tank.

nemcup-bubble-tip-anemone-holder-849480_1296x.jpg

I’m guessing you have farmed clowns. It is common for them to hang out in “strange” places. They have no idea what an anemone is! They might eventually get there…or not. It is interesting to see all your nems in the nem cups

I’m guessing you have farmed clowns. It is common for them to hang out in “strange” places. They have no idea what an anemone is! They might eventually get there…or not. It is interesting to see all your nems in the nem cups
Yeah I was adamant about getting farm raised clowns. Getting wild caught fish didn't sit well with me.

My guess is the cups are hit or miss with the nem staying in them. If they happen to be in to right spot for the nem, It probably stays, if not it will move. Keep in mind, nems can/will get big!

They came from my local ace hardware, but I think any hardware or craft shop with a gardening aisle would have something close. Was thinking of trying some rubble, but tried first without and they stayed put.

I did try a small glass first (shaped kind of like what’s in your pic) and they didn’t like them.

They came from my local ace hardware, but I think any hardware or craft shop with a gardening aisle would have something close. Was thinking of trying some rubble, but tried first without and they stayed put.

I did try a small glass first (shaped kind of like what’s in your pic) and they didn’t like them.
Thanks Rolf! Good to hear from you after so long!

Back