Jestersix

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

What the heck is this growing on the sump glass?

e845ec57d6668026624b6820d51efc9f.jpg

Planning to battle Cyano with water changes to lower nutrients. Have been with 25 ppm nitrate and .1 phosphate for about three months. Problem is, I target 8.5 Alk and my reef crystals spike it with every water change. So, two options: small water changes to keep the spikes low or switch salt and do larger changes. Thoughts?

Planning to battle Cyano with water changes to lower nutrients. Have been with 25 ppm nitrate and .1 phosphate for about three months. Problem is, I target 8.5 Alk and my reef crystals spike it with every water change. So, two options: small water changes to keep the spikes low or switch salt and do larger changes. Thoughts?
Switch to regular instant ocean

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Starting to learn the lesson about BTAs and corals so I started moving them to my 55g tank. Got 3, only 5 left.

Also, did a 3 day blackout and all the Cyano is gone. Hope it doesn’t come back stronger. Going to do a 10% water change and may try MicroBacter Clean after.

The tangs have completely cleaned the rocks so things are looking great.

9 days since I ended a 3-day black out and no Cyano. After the black out, it was all gone and it has not returned. Could it be that it was replaced by other bacteria?

LA Lakers monti and green slimer seem to be doing well but the forest fire digi has almost no PE - even though its colors look amazing to me. It’s in about 250 PAR. Is that too much? Any other suggestions?

b90b38b7104a04e2e1e610a33588a201.jpg

Last edited:
Back