got ethical husbandry?

Another New reefer also new to the Bay :)

Hi everyone,
I was told to come drop a line here.

Well, what I can tell you... I moved to the Bay Area this June (from Europe). I live in San Bruno.
I had a 55gal Cichlid tank over there and have been reading about reef tanks for the past year or so.
Now I've decided to start one myself and will probably be bugging you guys a lot even if I do believe i've done A LOT of research on my own.

this will be fun :)

Welcome! The club likes lots of pictures and questions so ask and post away! :)

Check out Matt's shop at Aqua Exotic and Robert's at Neptune Aquatics (Little further).

Hi Steve,

Tankguy and I are a stones throw away in Millbrae...let us know if we can help out in any way. You might want to take advantage of our membership, it pays for itself in frag swaps and what you will learn in the speakers we bring in. :)

gimmito, correct me if im wrong...
but you are the man with the 450gal tank and the kids in it right?
You know that that topic has 220 pages and I spend like 3 hours going through them yesterday... haha
You did an awesome job! I hope its doing well. ;)

Thanks for the welcome. :bigsmile:

steve281086 said:
gimmito, correct me if im wrong...
but you are the man with the 450gal tank and the kids in it right?
You know that that topic has 220 pages and I spend like 3 hours going through them yesterday... haha
You did an awesome job! I hope its doing well. ;)

Thanks for the welcome. :bigsmile:

That would be me....and the kids have been released from the tank. :)

Kudos for going through 220+ pages of my build thread...that's 3 hours you'll never get back. ;)

Hey,

Welcome, I'm new to hobby too and recently joined BAR, the guys are very useful and I can assure you that you have made a correct choice.

If you are looking for a tank setup and also want it to look good as I do, you might want to consider Elos. The pricing I got from the market is pretty much similar but lesser quality tanks and way lesser quality stands. Elos tanks are best in class in terms of low iron good quality glass and they are hand made, I have yet to see better looking stand than Elos. They are going to increase the price before end of this month so your best bet is to call Jesse at Elos and get your Elos. ,et me know if you need his direct number. Also, they come with 5 year warranty for the tank.

http://elosusa.com/store/browse/aquarium-only
http://elosusa.com/store/browse/cabinet-only

ReefLove said:
Hey,

Welcome, I'm new to hobby too and recently joined BAR, the guys are very useful and I can assure you that you have made a correct choice.

If you are looking for a tank setup and also want it to look good as I do, you might want to consider Elos. The pricing I got from the market is pretty much similar but lesser quality tanks and way lesser quality stands. Elos tanks are best in class in terms of low iron good quality glass and they are hand made, I have yet to see better looking stand than Elos. They are going to increase the price before end of this month so your best bet is to call Jesse at Elos and get your Elos. ,et me know if you need his direct number. Also, they come with 5 year warranty for the tank.

http://elosusa.com/store/browse/aquarium-only
http://elosusa.com/store/browse/cabinet-only

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I've read a lot about the Elos setups. They are very nice and I really like them but the price... lol
right?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it. Just came back from diving in Monterey... so nice :bigsmile:

Oh yea.. I went to Aquatic Central on Ocean in the city... It's hard to find a nice setup that I can actually see before buying. :~

Hi Steve,

If you would like to actually see some tank set ups.........empty and running. You should check out "Aquarium concepts" in Dublin.....they have several Elos tanks set up and running.............or "All about Fish" in Walnut creek (I think?), they have a lot of tank and stand set ups ready to go. Most of the tanks are what used to be called "all glass." I think they changed to another name. Neptune usually has several you can check out on the smaller range and they also have some "Lee Mar" custom stuff you can look at. Any store can order you what you want, but those seem to have more tanks to look at. Welcome to the club.

Kmooresf said:
Hi Steve,

If you would like to actually see some tank set ups.........empty and running. You should check out "Aquarium concepts" in Dublin.....they have several Elos tanks set up and running.............or "All about Fish" in Walnut creek (I think?), they have a lot of tank and stand set ups ready to go. Most of the tanks are what used to be called "all glass." I think they changed to another name. Neptune usually has several you can check out on the smaller range and they also have some "Lee Mar" custom stuff you can look at. Any store can order you what you want, but those seem to have more tanks to look at. Welcome to the club.

May be I'm wrong, nut Aquarium Concepts have replaced Elos with Red Sea. I guess. I went there 4 times and sisnt see any Elos tanks. But as I said, I could be wrong.

Back