Kessil

Any idea what is happening with my Green Scoly ?

Alexx

Supporting Member
So I have no idea what happened with my scoly.
Last night had some things on top of the center area and today I was thinking that is sand and fish poop and maybe some food.
But I was kinda curious and I tried to blow the thing away and I saw that it kinda has like a whole.
I tried to suck the thing that was on top in that area and I can see a bit of the skeleton on the scoly. I have no idea what might be the issue.
Is looking puffy and happy. When I tried to suck the tings from that area and move the scoly it did not really sunk in that much.
IMG_7627.JPG
IMG_7626.JPG
IMG_7624.JPG

Last edited:

Rostato

Supporting Member
Hard to tell. But maybe something stung it? If it’s healthy it will heal. If it starts looking bad then do a lugals dip.

Alexx

Supporting Member
I placed it in a container with holes in it, cuz coral beauty and the hermit crabs ware keep poking it.And I saw the coral beuty last night he went and took his food that was on top of that hole.
It happened really quick that whole in his center area. I think within a day. In that missing area you can see all the way to the skeleton.
I don't have lugolas dip, only iodine. I hope I don't have to buy that as well. I'm keep getting things that I only use a little.
IMG_7646 2.JPG

Rostato

Supporting Member
Ahh. Sounds like your coral beauty decided it likes scoly meat. I’d suggest catching the fish or not getting meaty LPS

Alexx

Supporting Member
I also seen 3 zoas that had missing part from the polyp, also a mushroom that I got I think half of it is messing. Not sure if is the coral beauty or the Clown Hermits.

Last edited:

The_Lazy_Reefer

BOD
Staff member
Ahh. Sounds like your coral beauty decided it likes scoly meat. I’d suggest catching the fish or not getting meaty LPS
I agree, meaty corals and angels just don’t jive. Just like a motorcycle it’s not if you will fall off but when as it will happen eventually.

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
I also seen 3 zoas that had missing part from the polyp, also a mushroom that I got I think half of it is messing. Not sure if is the coral beauty or the Clown Hermits.
Do you have blue tang?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alexx

Supporting Member
Nop. I got 1 blenny, 1 goby, 1 fire fish, 1 damsel, 1 coral beauty, 1 yellow tang, 1 red flamehawk, 3 chromis, 1 royal grama.
And I have a bunch of hermits, snails and 5 halloween hermits

Last edited: