High Tide Aquatics

Anyone have experience with Sonic.net DSL service?

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Well my goal to get faster internet failed, monkeybrains guy came and tried to line up a receiver and apparently I'm a few degrees out, as a result, I'm stuck with AT&T doing dirty things to me... internet + phone = $60+ a month (and I don't have any long distance, or any services like caller ID)...

So I read this story of sonic.net rolling out 1Gbps fiber straight to the home for $70 a month and nearly creamed my pants! Unfortunately it's a trial program in Sebastapol right now, however looking at their site I can get 20Mbps DSL + phone (with all sorts of goodies) for $40 a month! I mean wtf! So the question I need to ask... is there anything wrong with them?

I tried to switch also. Not in my area so I'm stuck with At&t. Generally smaller ISPs are way better price wise because they are competing with the big monopolies, Verizon being the exception to the rule with FIOS.

I recently switched from Speakeasy.net to sonic.net and am getting 20Mbps down, 3.5Mbps up. + local phone service for $50. I'm very happy with the service.

Back