Our mission

AQ’s IM Nuvo 50 lagoon and IM20 gallon experience

Hello fellow reefers

This tank is an upgrade from a RSM 34 gallon that I wasn’t able to start a journal (apologize for that). I also thought it’s never too late to start a journal. Basically I went with a bare bottom set up as I did have a crushed coral as a substrate from my 34g set up. I pretty much transferred all my livestock and kept 50% of water from the old set up.

AQ

Attachments

• IMG_4526.JPG
    IMG_4526.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 273
. It’s a bit unorganized right as I am still in a process of re-escaping the rocks. I am very excited though with this new set up.

Attachments

• IMG_4548.JPG
    IMG_4548.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: JVU
An update on my tank, after 1 month and a half. I was able to rescape my tank and placed all the corals where they seem to be happy. As far as the equipment:

Lighting: AI hydra 26 and AI prime

Skimmer: Tunze 9001

Reactor: IM desktop reactor ( running bio pellets)

ATO: Tunze 3155 (pretty reliable)

Controller: running apex classic

Attachments

• IMG_4587.JPG
    IMG_4587.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 284
I just want to share my IM20 build and battle with nuisance GHA. I started the build on December 2019.I started adding coral on Feb 2020. Right around May 2020 when my nuisance GHA battle started. These algae were the ones that cannot remove easily by hand, I tried using Vibrant aquarium cleaner and followed the instruction but after 7 weeks I did not see any improvement on my system ( It may be effective on other system). I turned to reef flux. After 7 days I was able to pull algae and after 14 days algae most of the algae were pretty much cleared. One thing I experienced though were my NO3 and PO4 started to become undetectable. Overall, Reef flux worked for me.

Due to having undetectable nitrate and phosphate after the treatment I did have cyano breakout. Since it’s a nano tank I was able to remediate it with 10% weekly WC. I am dosing Brightwell neo nitro and feeding Reedroids In addition to my regular schedule feeding. My nitrate is at 5ppm and phosphate at .02 ppm from my last test

Back