Reef nutrition

Ashburn's 187g endgame II

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
So my water change station leaked, time to upgrade the setup.

Should I ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ashburn2k

Supporting Member

I messed up on the holes that was drilled for uniseal, had to improvise with silicone and resin

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
Par meter update with new lights
zoa frag, 2 orphek blue OR 90, 1 ap700

sps frag, 3 orphek blue OR 90, 2 orphek day OR 90

1 Orphek Atlantik V4 (Gen 2) 80% power, 2 Orphek day OR 120, 1 Orphek blue OR 120

all light bars are at 100% since it has no dim feature.

This is the par under AP700 from last year, the tank was using dual ap700 at 100% full power

as you can see atlantik v4 has a much better light pentration for deep tanks like mine ( 30" )

Last edited:

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
I took out jebao 150 gyre pump and replaced it with two scp-180 ( rated for 6700g-9600g ) at full power on both side, it’s moving my water like crazy, and I added another scp-120 in the middle to eliminate any dead spot.

EBJ

Supporting Member
I just got the Home Depot bucket head wet/dry vacuum and it was great to get detritus out of my sump. It clips onto a bucket and has a float valve to stop once you get to 5 gal. But a silicon tune syphoned into a filter sock in the sump or in a bucket is good too.
I tried the bucket head but it filled up way too fast. I switched to my 16 gallon wet/dry vac. I didn't want to use it for saltwater but whatever.

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
Here’s my backyard ro waste container for backyard watering and other tanks.
As you can see I started an outdoor macro algae grow tank, hopefully they would survive the temperature swing during day and night.

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
Instead of filter socks, I have this 1” thick mesh pad for water that comes out of my tanks, so to collect large particles. I once had a nem landed on the pad. Below the pad is the skimmer intake.