High Tide Aquatics

Ashburn's 187g endgame II

Forgot to add my rodi setup photo.

5 stages, 3 membrane, and DI canister at the bottom.

I cleaned up the cables after this photo was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sometimes you don't see the problem in your design unless you are looking at a different angle. after looking at my photos, i realized that I should relocate my pump power to the top instead of current location.

So if you are worried about things like the pump...

1) You have an unprotected power plug in a risky spot.
Below all those tubes full of pressurized water.
And I don't know about you, but I always spill a bit changing things.
Mine ended up that way also. I put a small piece of plastic over it, to keep drips out.

2) All those tubes on the left sticking out, possibly near a door.
Just asking to get pulled on.
They sell right angle fittings, which can help a lot.

3) You have tubes running in front of canisters.
That will make maintenance a pain when you switch out carbon and such.

4) You have TDS electronics below canisters.
See above about spilling.

Or get yourself some chlorine test strips and put a tee with a valve right after your prefilters, easy way to quickly check chlorine levels in your water. Of course this does require checking which usually is a bit much for people.

Should I add another two?

I have 3. One Anion, one Cation, and one final Mixed just in case.
It is interesting that I am seeing a bit of the final Mixed one change color even
though the first two are not fully depleted.

The reason is really for cost though. Anion and Cation deplete at very different rates for me.

I have 3. One Anion, one Cation, and one final Mixed just in case.
It is interesting that I am seeing a bit of the final Mixed one change color even
though the first two are not fully depleted.

The reason is really for cost though. Anion and Cation deplete at very different rates for me.
When I saw brs recommend doing this I wanted to do this. I’m curious how much of a cost savings it is. Are the separate ions similarly priced? About what is the ratio that gets consumed? 1:3?

Update

Upgraded apex classic to apex el.

Alk is finally lowered to 10.4 instead of 14

setup Leak Detect module to apex finally.
since my Alk was lowered, i notice my tanks starts to have some purple coralline algae covering glasses, previously my tanks has never spotted any coralline algae. so i guess high alk prevents coralline from growing.

Keep lowering that alk. I wouldn’t say that’s the cause. I’ve ran high alk tanks covered in coralline before. My tank in GA ran ATO all of 12-14 but it was ULN

Maybe your just paying more attention and things are healthier?

When I saw brs recommend doing this I wanted to do this. I’m curious how much of a cost savings it is. Are the separate ions similarly priced? About what is the ratio that gets consumed? 1:3?
I think my Anion usage is still nearly 0, so 1:10 or so.
Yes, all the same price.

fbfcbc845e20e81e58f3cc8a21735e2c.jpg
a7342ac905b886ca9736d4d15407e5cb.jpg
efb3ec95c968b69f6e24de6e1bd731b7.jpg
77c6713c7d5879f54808693ae59ae3bc.jpg

FTSs

I hope the weight of what is on top of the display tank is not sufficient enough to damage the tank
but, oh yeah!!
I understand...
when is the next tank go up?!

Last edited:
Yeah, what is with that shelf support that seems to be on the left of your tank? :eek:
I would also worry about simply bumping it, and having it pop out.

Back