High Tide Aquatics

Ashburn's 187g endgame II

I have room.
efca656c0fa50698e0a5cb9593adf546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well.. that's very encouraging words from a BOD.
so far everything is doing pretty darn well, 1-2 got STN which it was already burned by the seller's new light he had.
I think what mike is giving you an early heada up for is the spacing. Once all these frags grow to their full potential, they will require more spacing. Planning a head will pay off on the long run before they enceust the plugs and the rocks and become very hard to relocate around..

update

removed calcium media substrate from zoa tank and put in egg crate instead. ( noticing worms are making zoas irritated )
in process of shutting down 3rd frag tank so back to 2 frag tank for now.
replacing masterflex pump with versa ( i have to say i love the new mobius app )
adding ReMag to my CarX
adding eggcrate to SPS frag tank and clean up tiles
fragging some larger SPS

I think what mike is giving you an early heada up for is the spacing. Once all these frags grow to their full potential, they will require more spacing. Planning a head will pay off on the long run before they enceust the plugs and the rocks and become very hard to relocate around..

Im aware of that, that's why i have another 60g frag tank dedicated just for SPS frags when i prune.

Im aware of that, that's why i have another 60g frag tank dedicated just for SPS frags when i prune.
Very good. If you are not planning on keeping these coral in their current location watch out for rock encrustation and give yourself margin before coral reach the rocks as it grows..
I some times do that and have a frag in a location just until it adjust and start growing to give myself time to learn its need from flow and spectrum stand point. Then move it to its perminate location without having to break or scrape the coral from the rocks..

Very good. If you are not planning on keeping these coral in their current location watch out for rock encrustation and give yourself margin before coral reach the rocks as it grows..
I some times do that and have a frag in a location just until it adjust and start growing to give myself time to learn its need from flow and spectrum stand point. Then move it to its perminate location without having to break or scrape the coral from the rocks..
i like your tip. i will keep that in mind.

Back