Neptune Aquatics

Ashburn's 187g endgame II

And they are online just the night before my week long vacation. What a crazy timing
75dc0d18d5e10786b2d7c31070f0d91c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So final touch on the setup is getting CarX online and tuck that under the stand, where in the past I had them outside next to the frag stand. It was an eye sore. And my stand couldn’t accommodate 20lb co2 tank.

430835b0fa46104b714091010ed9e836.jpg

beefed up RODI is full online too, waste water goes to the backyard brutes, i have 3/50g for holding and connected together. Will use those for plants and other stuff. turns out i dont need a booster pump since my water have 50+ psi all the time. maybe add it after produce water so it pulls out water faster?

So what are you doing differently from the last set up? Are you taking this as an opportunity to improve anything?

1. move Carx under stand ✓
  2. better cable management
  3. better location for apex
  4. beef up rodi ✓
  5. save waste water from rodi ✓
  6. improving water flow for frag tank and display tank
  7. separate return pump for DT and FT ✓
  8. improve stand design for Frag tanks ✓
  9. add RODI feed to SW mix brute with float valve ✓
Those that has '✓' is what i have accomplished.

I'm sure there are more, but I couldn't think of it at the moment. but those are the action items ontop of my mind.

Last edited:
Next on to-do
  1. get apex online
  2. cleanup, put away fish gear
  3. connect waste water brutes
  4. fix minor leaks
  5. water change
  6. re-arrange corals
  7. glue SPS on rockwork

I had 38 psi and put on a booster. It goes up to 90 psi now and it makes water so fast. I’ll never go back. You also should have less waste water ratio I believe and cleaner out of the membrane. Either way the speed it makes water is worth it.

I had 38 psi and put on a booster. It goes up to 90 psi now and it makes water so fast. I’ll never go back. You also should have less waste water ratio I believe and cleaner out of the membrane. Either way the speed it makes water is worth it.
Where do you place the booster

My pressure is about 55 psi and my double membrane RO/DI works well within specifications without a booster. I understand the logic for boosting the pressure, and actually had purchased a booster. But in the end I didn’t want extra complexity, extra fittings, more failure points, more noise, etc, to try to improve something already working well. You might want to try it out and run the numbers to see if it’s working well without. You can easily add it later.

I installed it first right from the water source which is where they recommend. Some of the booster pumps say they are not for use after the membrane. They need pressure to work and then just boost it. They recommend a different type of pump for just moving the water after the membrane instead of boosting the pressure before.

I would get 38-40 psi but as the first filter got dirty my pressure would drop to 35 at the membrane. Now it makes no difference I get 90psi all the time. BRS put out a video showing how good a membrane functions as far as water production and efficiency of removing solids at pressures I think from 30psi up to 90. I really recommend watching it if your thinking about a booster because you can decide if you think it’s worth it. I think at 50 or 60 psi you get full efficiency of the membrane and after that you just produce water faster. Like I said I make water crazy fast now.

In San Jose my pressure was around 60 psi but here in CO the most I can get is 50. I haven’t been concerned with it since I’m only making drinking water (no DI), but I’ve thought about getting a pump when I set the new tank up.

Back