Cali Kid Corals

Aussie gold torch

848c9eaf02acc74a5839963e9c1905de.jpg

Finally found some Aussie Gold torches reasonably priced after 5 months of searching.... Just super excited and thought I would share [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm... my original thought was Neptune. But their setup doesn't look like that...they usually have egg crate at the bottom...

Ultimate wouldn't be considered "reasonably priced"...

So that leaves me stumped... :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hmmm... my original thought was Neptune. But their setup doesn't look like that...they usually have egg crate at the bottom...

Ultimate wouldn't be considered "reasonably priced"...

So that leaves me stumped... :)

Neptune has had the aussie golds but their gold is missing that extra gold coloring Ive only seen online until today.

I went to California Reef and I was about to leave. Then my girlfriend says “hey... arent these those torches you really wanted?” I was curious which one she was referring to since I tell her about so many corals... then I saw the beauty. It was like looking at your grade after you thought you got an F but it was actually an A+. Eyes go from nonchalant gaze and incoming belt of everlasting pain, to bug eyed with utter amazement. Not sure how I missed them through my triple take of the tanks.

+++ I didnt have to deal with a vendor that might send me the wrong coral? (read too many horror stories with high end, hard to find corals) The owner said it came in today and the price was cheaper than any online vendor I encountered so I got them.

848c9eaf02acc74a5839963e9c1905de.jpg

Finally found some Aussie Gold torches reasonably priced after 5 months of searching.... Just super excited and thought I would share
emoji4.png

What's reasonable priced now? Aussie golds have been climbing in price. Last I saw $150/head.

What's reasonable priced now? Aussie golds have been climbing in price. Last I saw $150/head.

Wholesalers Ive seen sell them 50-80 a head but you need to have good relationship as well as buy 1k+ worth of corals before they let you buy the aussie gold torches. On top of that... everyones looking for them.

Last year, September time my buddy was able to get 3 heads for 80 but traded them in February this year for nearly double the price he paid. You are right though, 150 a head is becoming the normal price... Call them bitcoin torches. [emoji23][emoji23]

I recently saw 1 that was fully opened for $300. Looked like it would have been 2 heads. Last time I bought one they were $80 a head

Neptune has had the aussie golds but their gold is missing that extra gold coloring Ive only seen online until today.

I went to California Reef and I was about to leave. Then my girlfriend says “hey... arent these those torches you really wanted?” I was curious which one she was referring to since I tell her about so many corals... then I saw the beauty. It was like looking at your grade after you thought you got an F but it was actually an A+. Eyes go from nonchalant gaze and incoming belt of everlasting pain, to bug eyed with utter amazement. Not sure how I missed them through my triple take of the tanks.

+++ I didnt have to deal with a vendor that might send me the wrong coral? (read too many horror stories with high end, hard to find corals) The owner said it came in today and the price was cheaper than any online vendor I encountered so I got them.

I really want one too. So how much did you pay?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Will not say exactly how much I paid but if you see them for 120 per head or less with good coloration, that is definitely cheap retail price.

I can see someone going to a store and saying “well this guy just bought from you and you sold it to him for this much. I want it for that much too”. I dont want stores having that harassment.

Last edited:
Aussie gold torches have fat tentacles and a very prominent gold on them. Some vendors have lost integrity and turned to selling indo gold torches as aussie gold. They are not as nice, and not as rare. Try not to get scammed by them. Indo golds are as cheap as 40per head.

Last edited:
Will not say exactly how much I paid but if you see them for 120 per head or less with good coloration, that is definitely cheap retail price.

I can see someone going to a store and saying “well this guy just bought from you and you sold it to him for this much. I want it for that much too”. I dont want stores having that harassment.

You don't have to tell anyone, I can pick you up, give you the money.. you run into the store by a head for the "special price".. and you get a a beer at the bar later. :)

The 3 heads I bought were the only ones they had. I thought season started summer to end of Fall but was told today it starts spring and ends late summer by California Reef. [emoji848] Last year in the fall someone got a 30 piece colony come in. I didnt have my tank start until March and by then it was too late. The beautiful colony was chopped and sold off in single pieces to lucky reefers.

Been told so many contradicting things, I dont know what to believe anymore until I witness and see for myself. 100% Ive seen shipments come in Summer this year and Fall last year but every years different I suppose.

++ Who knows, maybe its a big price gouging thing going on and they will go back to 80 per piece next year. I know CaliKid just got a big colony come in that Ben said are indos but look very similar to aussies. Maybe they will bring some to CFM if they dont get sold out by then.

If I find more and BAR members are still looking, I dont mind sharing at all. Honestly though, if supply was more abundant, I would fill half my tank with just aussie golds....

Last edited:
Following your lead! Someone on R2R was selling her whole euphyllia collection including an aussie gold torch with 2 heads.

Talked myself into snagging the whole set. Now if I can only find a decent priced rainbow hammer...

Following your lead! Someone on R2R was selling her whole euphyllia collection including an aussie gold torch with 2 heads.

Talked myself into snagging the whole set. Now if I can only find a decent priced rainbow hammer...

She had a nice bunch of corals. You could fit the whole set in your tank? Haha

Back