Kessil

Auto Repair Shop

NickRoseSN1985

Supporting Member
Need a good fair auto repair shop. I was t-boned in Millbrae on Dec. 10th. I’m going through her parents insurance(AAA) which had me go to All Car Auto Painting & Body Repair on 9th/Claremont in San Mateo. The shop quoted $6574.88 which $670 is not a part of the crash, so I’m not trusting the shop. I wouldn’t have caught if I didn’t ask for a itemized estimate. The shop said AAA concluded it was totaled but the insurance company hasn’t called me yet.

I want to keep my work truck. It’s still in great condition and still has a lot of life in it. I shouldn’t need to use my hard earned money to repair or by a new truck.

D504E0FF-587A-4B55-A93A-01BE0D7B23E8.jpeg
B991B782-4B18-4909-BE4E-2A604BA49415.jpeg

Awwww dang. Sorry. You walked away and no passenger (assumption). Love the long bed.
Thanks. Yeah It was just me and the other driver, no passengers. The 20 year old girl was very sorry and couldn't stop crying. She told the officer that she was going for the break but accidentally hit the gas pedal.

Something similar happened to my wife's car, except it was parked when it was "t-boned" they also said it was totaled (but it was a real POS car, so when they gave the buy out offer I was all over that!) but one thing that does stick out to me is right between the front door and rear part looks collapsed in a bit due to the crash, which much like my wife's car was the part they focused on because it affected the vertical structural element (in case it flipped) which is why they called it a complete total, which may be the same issue here. That said, good luck with that, and hopefully you're not hurt

Holland Auto Service in Berkeley is great, excellent work and honest, but not cheap. But they’ve never done anything superfluous for me, plus they specialize in American trucks. Only thing is they’re usually booked out a couple weeks

Keep in mind that the vehicle only needs to have ~50% of the value of the car done in damage to call it totaled by insurance.

I might see frame damage, which to me is a total and I wouldn't drive it on the road after the fact for safety reasons. If the frame isn't tweaked and it is only body damage, drive it till it dies for a work truck.

Keep in mind that the vehicle only needs to have ~50% of the value of the car done in damage to call it totaled by insurance.

I might see frame damage, which to me is a total and I wouldn't drive it on the road after the fact for safety reasons. If the frame isn't tweaked and it is only body damage, drive it till it dies for a work truck.
It’s only body damage. I have been driving it since the accident.

Sorry about your truck, but the important thing here is that you have your health and did not suffer serious injuries from this collision. Is AAA your own policy or the 3rd parties insurance? AAA usually takes good care of their own policy holders when it comes to a pay out on a total loss...assuming you are with AAA. If it's the 3rd parties insurance company and they decide on a total loss then they will usually provide you with a low blue book value. Double check the actual "market value" of your vehicle in the bay area. It is usually higher than what they will offer you. I suggest you demand the actual "replacement" value of your truck if they decide on a total loss. Can I assume that the 3rd party insurance company already claimed full liability for the accident? Sometimes these t-bone type accidents can be argued on who's fault it is. Drivers might admit fault at the scene of the accident, but don't depend on them sticking to that story after talking with their insurance company. I have some experience dealing with insurance companies and might have some good advice for you. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions. Try Precision Auto Body in SSF @ Victory Ave. I bring all my vehicles there and have always been happy with their workmanship.

Back