Our mission

Automation discussion and Reef Nutrition- Sunday 10/3/21

Will you attend?

• Total voters

JVU

President
BOD
Since we had to cancel our meeting at Scott’s house last-minute last month we’ve been wanting to reschedule it. After looking at people’s schedules, the best date to try to have it is this Sunday, 10/3/21. Sorry for the short notice. We need to decide in the next few days if we have enough people to make this work, so please reply in the poll at the top of the thread. Hope to see you guys there!

@Scott Sweet has set up a bunch of automations on his system (canopy, feeding, water changes, top off, testing, trace elements, etc), including some he DIY’d himself, the feeder fridge being an example. He has volunteered to demo and discuss the various solutions he came up with, practical components, alternatives he considered, etc. Others could discuss their approaches. This will still give folks a chance to see his feeder fridge in detail to help decide if they want to make one for themselves before committing to the cost.

Chad from Reef Nutrition will give us a talk and a Q/A about the benefits live/fresh food feeding!

When: Sunday, 10/3/2021 starting at 10:30a
Where: Scott’s home in Campbell (will send address to those who RSVP’d in the poll)

10:30a-12p
: Gathering and show & tell of Scott’s system with discussion of automation
12p-1p: Lunch, planning pizza and drinks (let us know if you have specific food restrictions)
12:30p-1:30p: Reef Nutrition talk, Q&A, discussion

Please RSVP in the poll in this thread ASAP. We will use the poll for planning, food order, and whom to send the address to. Last day to sign up is the day before (Sat 10/2).

We plan to have the demo and discussion of Scott’s tank inside (next to his tank), with lunch, the Reef Nutrition talk, and socializing otherwise mostly outdoors. Scott requests attendees be vaccinated and wear a mask when indoors. For Supporting Members.

1625367078154.jpeg

Prior thread for the rescheduled event:

Last edited:
All, it just so happens that Chad is available this Sunday...otherwise we will need to push out to November...sorry really busy in October.

I have a morning commitment but, if I am able, I’d get there around noon. I’m a solid “maybe” at better than 50:50 at this point.

See you around 10:30!

Last edited:
BUMP...

I'm a maybe...if someone from the east bay wants to rideshare then I would probably go.

I don't wanna drive there and back solo, kinda far for me living in Pleasant Hill....someone wants to join me hit me up.

Looking forward to this meetup in 2 days, on Sunday!

Please RSVP in the above poll by noon tomorrow Saturday if you want to come, and we will start a group PM with all those who responded with the address.

Also if anyone attending is interested in any of my DBTC’s or PIF’s or the free 5 liter jugs I‘ve posted about, let me know by PM and I’ll bring them.

Pro tip- clicking my BARcard link below my pic will show you the DBTC’s I have going.

Thanks Scott, Chad, John, board members. and BAR! I’ve got my pods in my fuge and my fresh food feeder recharged with new bottles of food! Thanks again!

Reactions: JVU
Back