Our mission

back in the hobby nuvo 10

Hey all - starting a tank thread to track my progress and hopefully get to know some fellow bay area reefers.

Had my first tank in college back in 2010 in san diego, had a rough attempt at getting back into the hobby back in 2013, and after years of visiting LFS just for fun i'm back. keeping it super simple as far as setup goes

Tank:Nuvo 10
lights: Xr15 Gen3 pro
Flow: no extra powerheads, upgraded pump to sicce 1.0 + spinstream (gonna change to vca RFG soon)
media basket: filter floss on top, marine pure nano in the 2nd chamber, chemipure blue nano in 3rd chamber

Bought this Nuvo 10 and light off someone from craigslist and went to work cleaning it up:
10/29/18
Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 5.08.53 PM.png

Used an Ikea kitchen cabinet for a stand, wanted something cheap but also clean lines and blend in with the rest of the house to keep the wife happy:
11/13/18
Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 5.09.11 PM.png

Setup the lights and aquascape, using fritz to cycle, new tank cycle lasted a pretty short 2 weeks before hitting 0's:
11/25/18
Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 5.09.31 PM.png

Most recently just been picking up some livestock, got a couple of clownfish in the tank for a few weeks after the params looked good. Unfortunately they are around the same size, one is more agressive and so the other one just hides all day, haven't seen any biting just alot of chasing - they are both small, about 1-1.5inches, but the less aggressive one doesn't seem to want to pair up unlike the agressive one whose been seen doing the twitch. also have some xenia, gsp, candycane in the tank.

db9b0307-1d19-d24e-bde2-4f7ec54de99b

Back