Kessil

Bangaii cardinal got busy!!!!

Klems

Supporting Member
Look what we found in the sump today while I was cleaning the skimmer.....should I just leave it there for a while and drop a few bits of flake food in there every other day?
IMG_20171021_100858449.jpg

Well bangai are live breeders IIRC, so putting then back in with mom and dad might not be such a bad idea.
Yeah it's weird cause I have a gate valve and a strainer on my main overflow....and it has small slots...only the emergency is totally free. Now. Wonder if I have a bunch stuck in my overflow

Well bangai are live breeders IIRC, so putting then back in with mom and dad might not be such a bad idea.

Ours have always eaten their young after the male has starved and held the babies in his mouth all month. We read to put a hairbrush into the tank to replicate the spiny urchins the babies usually hide in. It never worked for us though. Exciting!!

Ours have always eaten their young after the male has starved and held the babies in his mouth all month. We read to put a hairbrush into the tank to replicate the spiny urchins the babies usually hide in. It never worked for us though. Exciting!!
I had 2 big longspine urchins in my tank, but got rid of them because they were getting too big and really restricting space in a 180. spines almost a foot long. im sure the baby cardinals would love those if i still had them lol. when i first got my cardinal he was very small and he would hang out in the urchin most of the time

@Klems Are you interested in an urchin? If so, I have some like in the photo. Don't know how long the spines are - couple inches long on each side? maybe not - that would be 6" diam. urchin. Not sure, but I could bring one home from school Monday. Not sure where you are located.

@Klems Just remembered I could swipe one from my MIL's clown + algae tank. I think it's the largest.
No thank you....I did move the baby into the DT last night....he seemed to fighting the current and we were waiting for the mom/dad to notice it.....then 30 minutes later we couldn't find it....not sure if the parents are holding it in their mouth or it's hiding out somewhere....only time will tell.

Last edited:
I can't find it anywhere....looked in the overflow...no dice...not in the fuge either...I think it may be a gonner....

Back