Neptune Aquatics

BARs Regional Frag Swap Official Rules and Info

REGIONAL-FRAG-SWAP-BANNER-2017.jpg

I will be updating this post as information becomes available so check back often.

We're excited to announce BAR's biggest event of the year, the annual Regional Frag Swap.

This frag swap is open to everyone, in fact we will be encouraging people from throughout California to come swap frags.

1438465040_location-on-png.3260
Details
  • Room Number: Room 722
    • Chabot College in Hayward, CA
    • Park in lot G (Which is the closest to Building 700)
    • Remember to bring $2 in change for parking
  • Schedule
    • 10:30am Shopping Starts / Vendors Ready
    • 11:00am - 12:00pm Register for the Frag Swap (Get your picking Letter)
    • 12:30pm Start Frag Swap

smallinstru-png.3249
Requirements
  • Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
    • Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesnt have this information.
    • We will be checking for unlabeled, mislabeled, sick, or dead coral.
  • Cost
    • Pre-registration is now closed
    • Registration is $20 at the door.
  • The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping.
    • (click to enlarge)
1429262700_shopping_cart_loaded-48-1-png.3250
Shopping
  • The following Vendors will be there selling premium corals and drygoods.
smallfood-png.3257
Food / Drinks
  • Pizza and drinks will be sold at the event

1437679797_star-png.3252
Bonus Rounds
  • The bonus rounds are optional and consist of the first picking round of the swap.
  • Once you're done with the bonus round, you continue the regular swap.
  • If you want to do the bonus rounds, you need to bring at least 3 bonus corals or 1 ultra coral from the bonus round list to receive 1 Bonus Round Ticket.
  • You can receive as many Bonus Round Tickets as you want. (Example: Bringing 9 bonus round frags gives you 3 bonus round tickets)
    • The Bonus Coral list can be found HERE.
    • Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
      • Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY
    • Ultra Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
    • 3 Bonus Corals = 1 Bonus Round Ticket or 1 Ultra Coral = 1 Bonus Round Ticket
  • READ THIS THREAD on bonus rounds before asking questions about it here.
20437765462_a36ab93447_o.png
Raffle Prizes
  • TBD

Updated 9/09/2017

If you want to donate something to this event, send me a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I have for the flyer so far. Please review and let me know if I've missed any info. I've also made a "printer friendly" version. The banner will follow shortly.

Attachments

• REGIONAL-FRAG-SWAP-FLYER-1-FINAL.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 412
  • REGIONAL-FRAG-SWAP-FLYER-2-FINAL.pdf
    749 KB · Views: 398
I like flyer 1. It would be better to have prices etc on the flyer if we can nail that down soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at historical pricing (find those old posts), and then figure out a cost to the club.

I think it's been something like $10 pre-register for "local" clubs (BAR, NVR, CVR, etc), $15 day of for event, $20 for no club affiliation.

If I had to put a price on a flyer right. Ow I'd say $20. We can certainly decide to offer special pricing at the cfm tomorrow and or for club members/pre registration.

You're the president, you can do whatever you want :D

But historically there's been lower prices for pre-registering and/or club affiliation.

It's probably just me being a cheapass but $20 seems like a rather steep entry fee unless there are extras that make it worth it, i.e. lunch included, a goody bag with various things in it. If you don't get many people coming, it's something that can backfire in a hurry.

So two votes by people that won't be at the meeting for charging...how much exactly? Not talking shit, appreciate the input. Just make it count. How much?

Last year was $15 for pre registering and you got 5 raffle tickets. Then it was also $15 at the door for supporting members but no raffle tickets and $20 for non members.

They do know what our swaps are like right? Where people happily (or not so happily) give away corals to be picked by everyone for free, maybe they're confused with how frag swaps work in many other places where it's literally like a swap meet in that corals get traded for money. Would suck to have them call all the way out from Utah only to be disappointed in the vast majority of people not buying corals.

Back