Jestersix

Bellus angel food HELP

popper

Supporting Member
Bought a 2.5" Swallowtail and 2.5" bellus angel on 10/1. They are in a 14g peninsula with a HOB filter with rocks from DT. Swallow tail is eating pellets, frozen brine shrimp, and marine cuisine (mysis shrimp, krill, spirulina)

The bellus is not eating anything. He was eating at LFS. He's swimming fine.

Also tried marine algae but neither touch it.

Suggestions?

What was it eating at the lfs? Did the belly's ever eat in your tank? Or only at lfs? Mine eats pretty much anything I put in the tank. Sorry I know that's not much help.

What was it eating at the lfs? Did the belly's ever eat in your tank? Or only at lfs? Mine eats pretty much anything I put in the tank. Sorry I know that's not much help.
At lfs ate pellet. I feed different time of day. Didn't work. Not eating anything.

Really sorry to hear!! Let me know if you’re going to be adding any more. I can source super quality fish from Quality Marine and QT them for you. Once again sorry to hear. Sad

First, why would you house 2 of these open water angels in a 14 gallon tank!!??
were their bellies “pinched”?
if they ate, I’d you see any poop come out at any time?
where were the fish purchased?

the fish don’t, but from a business perspective, i hope you buy some more
I guaranty death of all fish, but it doesn’t have to be soon!
cold…sorry

It was definitely for observation

Yeah, he mentioned there were rocks from the "DT" so I'm guessing this was definitely the "QT"

Sorry to hear!! Bellus is my favorite fish too. I used to have one in my old system, hope to get one in the new one too.

Back