Our mission

Best App for tracking water parameters?

Hello, my name is K.C. I have been keeping various aquiums and inhabatnts for a while now. I recently started my first mixed reef tank; it is only a small nano to get things going. I am learing so much so fast and this group has been great reading all of your insights and experice. I have been doing my testing regular and keeping track via a basic excel spreadsheet, but it is just not as clean and organized as I would like. I was wondering if there are any good applications for iPhone that anyone has used with success and really likes for entering and trending their tank parameters data.

Hi Kent, welcome.

I don’t have a suggestion for a great solution, but I use the built-in testing tracking in Neptune Apex Fusion since I’ve already got my Trident numbers etc in there. It works fine for my usage but there is room for improvement.

I've used Aquatic Log off and on and I liked it. The main problem I had with it was my inconsistency to actually use it. I'm more apt to keep track of the numbers on a printed spreadsheet that I keep in a folder near my test kits.

~Charlie

One more vote for AquaticLog. It even offers integration with some controllers (but not Hydros yet, which is what I use). A very handy app.

Before I got an Apex I just used Google Sheets. Easy enough & you have a ton of flexibility in how to manipulate & chart the data.

Now I just log po4 & nitrate in Apex if I remember to (since the Trident stuff is already there).

Thank you all very much. This has been really helpful. I am going to give AquaticLog a shot as I am not quite ready for an Apex yet.

Back