Reef nutrition

Best Hike Ever!

patchin

Supporting Member
T and I hiked the Cataract Trail to Cataract Falls today. Simply Awesome! Do yourself a favor and check out this hike. In the first mile there were about 6 waterfalls! Short hike, but steep in spots. Found out how out of shape we are. Take Sir Francis Drake Blvd to Fairfax, in Marin County, take the short street in front of the Fairfax Theater and turn on Bolinas Road. Take it 8 miles, cross the dam for Lake Alpine and park at the first hair pin turn. There is room for several cars to park. The trail is on the left side of the road and follows the lake for a while. Good family and dog hike. Anybody already done this one? What is your favorite hike?

Pictures to follow

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I haven't done that hike, I pretty much do Mt Montara (I have a trail head two blocks away from my place), or the Muir wilderness. Love to try it though :)

My favorite hike is either Hell For Sure pass to Hell For Sure Lake, or Fleming Meadows into Rae Lake, both places offer some good day hiking.

Every time I'm in Marin I think of you. I mean, you're the only person I know over there. I'd love to stop by sometime and see your place and tank and talk. I don't know how to get a hold of you. I'll check the BOD list and see if your info is in there.

That area reminded me of the rainforest up in Washington, very lush with lots of ferns and moss.

For an exposed to the sky walk try Sibley Park. My favorite thing about this trail is similar to Jeremy's, it is minutes from home. At quarry 2 on the map is a labyrinth. A little muddy this time of year, but a great walk within the steep sides of the quarry. If you walk just off the trail you will find other smaller ones formed out of the surface stone as well.

Expect to hear birds in the shrub growth and the only mechanical sound will be a few airplanes. Saw two rattlesnakes last trip in November.

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/sibley

patchin said:
Rae Lake? never heard of it

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=BGS121-030 any of the hikes in the area are stunning as well, Dinky, Disappointment, Diamond-X. What I like about Rae is that it is in an area that is slightly above the tree line, yet the crater that the lake is situated in has trees, it's like an oasis. Also note, I caught a 16" Golden (not hybrid) out of Lower Turf Lake, and theres a little tiny itty bitty lake near Davis that I caught an Acrtic Grayling out of :)

Haven't quite figured out sizing yet, but here are some pics.
IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Back