Our mission

BEWARE: Haven't felt this duped since I clicked that 'Anna Kournikova I Love You' worm back in '01

I was shopping online for an Eheim auto feeder last Sunday night. It's highly recommended on the site and I need one.

Near the top of my Google search results, which I've apparently grown to trust too much, was an offer by an online retailer for a new, boxed Eheim feeder for the low low low price of $10.99. Shipping included. And to top it off: no tax. And an online retailer I hadn't heard of before; I was impressed they were so high in results given all the mega-retail out here.

I whipped out my credit card, punched in the details, and voila! It's "on the way." SCORE!! Then I started thinking about what I'd done for a deal that seemed too good to be true. Much like that 2001 email I received with a subject line that read something like: "Anna Kournikova I Love You". (((Grrr))) I was a young man, after all. And I clicked a link in that email that I shouldn't have.

The day after buying the $11 feeder I cancelled the credit card I used after seeing that the company's name that transacted the purchase (as I saw in my card's transaction history) was: "Nancy Newquist, LLC". My last name ends in "-quist", BTW. (Hence the handle 'Squist'). Too coincidental. After cancelling the card, I started down the path of contesting the transaction and forcing a refund but I'm still curious and decided to hold-out for a couple weeks first to see if the feeder actually arrives.

So if anyone should see this listing and be tempted, my recommendation is to wait until I report back that I've received the product as described. I'm going to give them a couple weeks.

If you're curious, I've attached pics so you don't have to go to their site.

Remembering Anna Kournikova "I Love You" (computer virus) - Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Anna_Kournikova_(computer_virus). Funny how my tastes have changed though I still fall prey to a too good to be true deal : )

Thoplit 1.png
Thoplit 2.png
Thoplit 3.png

Thoplit 4.png

Yeah go to the thoplit website without any special extras in the address, and you'll see the thing they sell is some vegetable slicer/peeler/etc. This is a "new"(?) breed of scam sites that offer items at ridiculously low prices, sometimes they have a counter that says "only this many left", and ironically "that many left" will change as you refresh the page. 100% scam site, who apparently found a way to sneak into google's search algorithm for places to buy. Google really should do something about this whole range of sites.

FYI I did a search for that auto feeder too and got this

Same exactly thing, hell look at the URL and what it is describing, yet it went to the feeding unit. (forgot site doesn't show URLs like that) "copy-of-tetra-ht-submersible-aquarium-heater-with-electronic-thermostat" is in the URL

Well, I’m the kind of person that tries to avoid scams but was recently victim if two scams; one the “seller” and the second “PayPal”
Bought online a small sliding saw for a great price, shipping included...
Used PayPal with my CC, tracking number provided and updates by USPS ti my phone.
Received a text stating that the item had been delivered but NOTHING!
Contacted the seller via email, no reply, again a second email and zero... Fishy, fishy, fishy
Opened a claim with PayPal, next day denied because the seller emailed PayPal that the item had been delivered ...
I called USPS with the tr# to check where it had been delivered but the person on the other end said it was delivered but not to my address...
It doesn’t end there, because USPS policy, they cannot tell me the address where such package was delivered
And that’s not all, by doing a little more search, the item was shipped via first class postage for an item weighing 30+ pounds !
So the scam is to just provide a tracking number, maybe even a postcard with tracking number and the MF gets away with someone else’s money
Next step call the CC and start the fraud claim...

You should be able to claim from PayPal by the fact that it was delivered to a different address from what is listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You do know that you can talk with the guys from paypal
I got a claim that was denied and then I call them and I got my money back.
Probably who is handling the email support are some outsource team that don't care and don't understand the postal system here in US.

Back