Cali Kid Corals

Bleached Coral from shipping stress?

newfly

Supporting Member
First time order from frags online. Just received the package today. 3 out of 5 frags looks like its turning white/bleached which i assumed its due to shipping stress. Dip and put into the tank. The other 2 frags looks healthy.

Is it common and how likely the frag recover?

Sounds like you “got took”
ask for refund
or prompt replacements at no cost to you
DO NOT accept credit towards future orders
be sure to tell them that their customer service will dictate your reaction

Of course the vendor (reefloungecoral) is not picking up the phone. Just drop them an email. Its cheap ($15-$20) frags. They supposed to have 14-days live guarantee.

The frags are all at the bottom of the tank (least amount of light) to help them settle in. I'll take some pics later. Too lazy to put my hand in the tank right now.

We will see in a day or two. Maybe I am mistaken - "retracted polyps" versus bleached. Not going to worry about it. There are a zillion things not going well (at work) right now and this is the last of my concern.

Pic taken in white light.

I might have the name label wrong. Its hard to know which is which. Bizzaro and Tropic Thunder doesn't look like in good shape. Lepto color up more this morning compared to yesterday. Or its the light? Its a lot more pale in the blueish light

Aquaman and Mystic both is good health.

Attachments

• Aquaman Monti.jpg
    Aquaman Monti.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Bizzaro cyphastrea.jpg
    Bizzaro cyphastrea.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Mystic Monti.jpg
    Mystic Monti.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Red and Pink Leptoseris.jpg