Our mission

Bob’s 200 Marineland Tank

This is something I’ve been meaning to do for a very long time. I get easily side tracked and always seem to forget so here we go. First I have to give a huge thank you to Insomniac for the free tank and stand. Without his generosity this would not have taken place. I’ve always wanted this type of tank and it fits perfectly in the garage ( where all my tanks are ). 2 other members who have greatly helped me out are Scuzy and Coral Reefer. Scuzy helped me out with the return pump and sump and Coral Reefer for the plumbing. Coral Reefer has plumbed all 3 of my tanks. And huge thank you goes to Aquatic Collections here in Hayward. They gave me a screaming deal on the kessil 360WE that I’m using. Also big thanks goes to Edgar Sandoval who took time out of his day to program the lights for me

B89EA470-424A-4068-A2BB-F4BF76C723A7.jpeg
A pic of the tank before anything got started

2CFCCDDD-71BF-44BB-91DE-A0C68444BF65.jpeg
No particular reason for going with this pump other than it works really well on my other tanks so why fix something that isn’t broke. Plus it fit perfectly in the sump

75EFF01C-C3C5-4014-9118-80E6D5F898E0.jpeg
I was set on getting another eshopps sump for this tank ( my 180 FO has one ) but at the time they were having some trouble getting the one I wanted. Scuzy suggested Bashesa and liked it once I saw it. Seems very well made and has been working just fine

And sticking with my theme of keeping things simple the only other equipment on this tank is a simplicity skimmer from AC. It’s the 240 model. Thankfully it fit right in its spot

This tank will house all my chalices , zoa’s and lps. Currently fish I have are
Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasse
Rhomboid Wrasse
Grey Head Wrasse
McCosker Wrasse
Rose Band Wrasse
Radiant Wrasse
Blue Hippo Tang
Scopas Tang
Yasha Goby
2 clownfish ( forgot their names )

Last edited:
This is something I’ve been meaning to do for a very long time. I get easily side tracked and always seem to forget so here we go. First I have to give a huge thank you to Insomniac for the free tank and stand. Without his generosity this would not have taken place. I’ve always wanted this type of tank and it fits perfectly in the garage ( where all my tanks are ). 2 other members who have greatly helped me out are Scuzy and Coral Reefer. Scuzy helped me out with the return pump and sump and Coral Reefer for the plumbing. Coral Reefer has plumbed all 3 of my tanks. And huge thank you goes to Aquatic Collections here in Hayward. They gave me a screaming deal on the kessil 360WE that I’m using. Also big thanks goes to Edgar Sandoval who took time out of his day to program the lights for me
Man, all that help, what did YOU actually do? :)

After seeing your for sale threads, I wanted to learn more about your system and methodology. Your corals for sale look very mature so please tell me all your secrets lol. And if you can upload some pics here, that would be great. Thanks!

I believe in a keep it simple system. I only run a protein skimmer nothing else. I test my alk 2-3 times a week. Weekly water changes. fuel once a week and I feed corals twice a week with reef roids. I check my mag every 2 weeks or so and keep it around 1400 plus. Will have more pics soon

Back