We now have 3 Apogee MQ-510 PAR meters available for lending to BAR members! This instrument includes a waterproof sensor to measure photosynthetically active radiation at various depths in your aquarium. It is free to borrow if you're a Supporting Member.
- Must be a Supporting Member of this Club for at least 2 months.
- The person who has it is responsible to reach out to the next person to arrange pickup, and the next person is responsible to go get it.
- Do NOT let the display unit get wet since this part is not water proof. The sensor is delicate. Put the protective cap on when not in use.
- You have 7 days to use the PAR meter.
- Plan your days with the Par Meter efficiently.
- Do not borrow the Par Meter when you will be too busy to use it right away or if your lights aren’t set up yet.
- Post to this thread to get in line to borrow it.
- Add yourself to the list- Copy the whole list including who currently has the meters, and add yourself at the bottom.
- Put your username, home city, and work city if applicable.
- All 3 really helps with drop-off and pick-up.
- Feel free to move your name down the list to make pickup/drop-off easier or if you aren’t ready to use, but no swapping up the list.
- Since you only have 7 days with the meter- When you first get the meter, reach out via PM to the next 3 people to arrange the handoff even before you are done with it.
- You must help the next person pick it up.
- Be available, even if a bit busy.
- Perhaps bring it to work.
- Perhaps meet at LFS.
- Wipe down the meter and let it dry before packing in box.
- (Remember the handheld display unit is not water proof)
- The next person in line will come and get it from you. Work with them to make that easy.
- Get the phone number of the next member who is picking it up. This helps with the handoff and also gives a way to reach the person later if needed.
- If nobody is in line, bring it to a BOD member for storage.
- We have BOD members throughout the bay area where you can drop the Par Meter off.
- First off, check to see if it's working.
- If the meter comes to you broken or damaged post and let a BOD member know ASAP.
- You are responsible for replacing or repairing the meter if you damage it.
- You can read the online product manual : https://www.apogeeinstruments.com/content/MQ-510-manual.pdf
- Turn off surface flow as much as you can to reduce ripples.
- Use the included wand to position the sensor at various depths, sensor pointing up, record the average number at each location.
- It is useful to record these numbers for later, for example by writing them on a full tank shot picture.
- If the Par Meter shows up to you damaged/dirty, you can post in this thread and take a picture of the meter.
- If the BOD members agrees, the previous user will get a Warning.
- If you do not return the Par Meter within 14 days, you get a Warning.
- Plan your Par Meter days efficiently before borrowing.
- If you get 2 Warnings, you're done. No more Par Meter for you. If you need an exception, reach out to the Board.
- Clean and protect the Par Meter. This is your Par Meter too.
Last edited by a moderator: