Kessil

Borrowing the Club's - PAR Meter #1

igcreef

Supporting Member
Hello! Adding my name to the list

@Schmitty —SF (currently has par meter)
@sfsuphysics - SF
@Oliver - south San Francisco , I can pick it up just message me when you are done , no rush . Thank you
@igcreef - San Leandro/also work in Mountain View area so pickup there could work also

sfsuphysics

BOD
Staff member
Actually I currently have the PAR meter

One thing I noticed with the PAR meter @rygh in the units place the LCD has a dead cell, so numbers like 2, 6, 8, 0 is missing the "line" in the lower left corner, still works fine however 6 also looks like 5, and 8 looks like 9, in the grand scheme of things if your par is 208 or 209 I don't think it's a big deal.

sfsuphysics

BOD
Staff member
@Oliver Think I'm done with it, so just send me a message and I'll arrange delivery. I see you're working the booth at the CFM but the 11am slot, and won't get there to 2:30/3. Either way SSF is local to me, so delivering is fine.

Hey Mod or BODs, please edit the first post and remove me as the contact. I dont have the PAR meter anymore.

Thanks! Happy Reefing!

JVU

BOD
Staff member
I handed it off to @MolaMola yesterday. It was nice seeing and chatting with you again Maureen :)

I don’t think anyone else is in line for this PAR meter. It still works great. Relative to our newer PAR meter, it reportedly under-reads a little with very blue-heavy lighting but otherwise is pretty accurate as far as I can tell. By coincidence it may happen that the same user has both the new and old meter at the same time here soon. It would be interesting to show some real world data to directly compare the readings of the 2 at various white/blue ratios in a tank.