Jestersix

Borrowing the Club's - PAR Meter #1

JVU

BOD
Staff member
How do I get on the wait list
Welcome to the club!

After you’ve been a member for 2 months you just make a post here, copy/paste the existing waiting list and add your name and city at the bottom to get on the list.

You can review the first post in this thread that has more details.

Sparky

Supporting Member
Thank you I may end up just buying one and then donating it to the group. What would be the best recommendation for one.

JVU

BOD
Staff member
The ones we have are both Apogee brand- we have 1 of the older MQ-200 and 2 of the newer MQ-510. The 510 is better at reading more blue colored lighting. They are pretty expensive.

Another option is to rent from bulkreefsupply.com, they ship it to you. It‘s pretty affordable and in case you aren’t familiar it’s a great company. Then, later once you‘ve been a member here for a while, just borrow the club’s. Most people find they don’t need to own their own.

Coral reefer

BOD
Staff member
depending where you are another member might supervise you using one before two months of membership. Right now are somewhat tough times tho.

Sparky

Supporting Member
I'm running 2 Aqua Knight Led's on a 20 gallon fusion I purchased from BRS. I was using one on a 10 gallon nano for about 9 months and worked really great now that I've upgraded and using 2 I was just curious about the par output.

Sparky

Supporting Member
I am still kind of new but I think BP123987 is next in line. Best way is to copy and paste the previous list at the top of the post and put your name at the end.