Cali Kid Corals

Brake Pads

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can purchase front and rear brake pads online?
I have a 2000 Acura Integra.
Thanks!

Why not go to a NAPA auto parts? I prefer talking to a human about these sorts of things. Brakes are nothing to mess around with :)

or Kragen? But I'm gonna guess that Anthony's car doesn't have any brakes so he can't stop at the nearest auto parts store so he has to order it online. :D

Tumbleweed said:
A_Lee said:
Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can purchase front and rear brake pads online?
I have a 2000 Acura Integra.
Thanks!
http://www.tirerack.com

I get a lot of stuf from here.

+1

Good deal on tires especially if you know someone who can mount em for free or cheap. But why not just go to kragen, pep boys etc??

I thought I could save a couple dollars by purchasing them online.
I'll check out the website, thanks!
I used to go to either Kragen's, or the Honda dealership for OEM pads -and I am still open to it. But I want to explore other options.

Online not much cheaper if you add in shipping

Some placed offer online % of u purchase online then elect to pick up in store our autozone does the special sometimes

Any shops that you frequent?

I go to this place in Milpitas (can't recall the name off the top of my head), right by the police station, close by where Bao moved his shop to, for my tires and brakes. They've been very accommodating and have matched tirerack's online prices for me (+shipping to be fair) so I've given them my business.

Are you looking for Hawk or Carbotech, or just some regular type pads?

www.rockauto.com tends to have good prices on car parts, and you can find discount codes online.

Amazon has been pretty good for car parts too. They seem to be pretty good for sourcing a super wide variety of stuff these days.

Or check out sponsors for Acura forums.

I worked at auto zone and go to wyotech honestly there really isnt a diffrence in cheapie's just how long do you want them to last and not have to do it brakes agian. Also it depends on your foot I meet alot of people who say they dont brake hard but their rotors tell me another story. I'd get a semi metalic pad last longer and dosent make alot of nosie. You wont find good cheap ones online and if they arent name brand dont even bother.

and if you go to autozone make sure they match your old ones alot of dummy's there

costa510 said:
I worked at auto zone and go to wyotech honestly there really isnt a diffrence in cheapie's just how long do you want them to last and not have to do it brakes agian. Also it depends on your foot I meet alot of people who say they dont brake hard but their rotors tell me another story. I'd get a semi metalic pad last longer and dosent make alot of nosie. You wont find good cheap ones online and if they arent name brand dont even bother.

and if you go to autozone make sure they match your old ones alot of dummy's there

Are there any brands out there that you would recommend?

stop tech makes good pads, raybestos, etc..... don t go bottom basement the compound tends to break down quicker..... i have brembo brakes and brembo pads go out in 5-8k where my posi-quiets last 2x as long and arent any near in price as the pricey brembo pads

Yea unless you have brembo's alot of company's are all the same it's like all the formula's are made at the same place names wouldn't matter cus every company are copycats. Company's will buy others when they come out and do R&D on it make it and make it better. Just don't buy autozones brand

Next time I'm buying ceramic based pads, I don't break hard but noticed I had to change pads twice last year and I don't drive that much IMO to have the pads gone. Too late, when I noticed a squeal sound I kind of knew the rotors had to be resurfaced, instead bought a new set.
I'll get the old set resurfaced for next time I'm changing pads.

Back