got ethical husbandry?

Bulk BRS Dosing Pump Tubing?

Does anyone know what the specs on the BRS dosing pump tubing? (the "santoprene" tubing that the rollers press on)

I could just order the replacement parts, but wondering if it's any cheaper to order the tubing in bulk. I don't have any calipers to measure the OD/ID and assume that if I use the wrong size, the dosing volume would change.

Thanks!

Admittedly I risk a leak, but other than tie times I’ve clogged the tip and not corrected it I’ve yet to break a BRS dosing line despite having them in service for a couple years. Not bad for $13.

I can measure the OD for you tomorrow as well as the flattened thickness to estimate ID, but I don’t have a broken one to measure ID directly.

Admittedly I risk a leak, but other than tie times I’ve clogged the tip and not corrected it I’ve yet to break a BRS dosing line despite having them in service for a couple years. Not bad for $13.

I can measure the OD for you tomorrow as well as the flattened thickness to estimate ID, but I don’t have a broken one to measure ID directly.
thanks. I just wasn't sure how long the tubes last. Mine still look in good shape, but I was planning ahead. Don't go through the trouble. It's probably easiest for me to just pay the few dollars to buy the spare set.

thanks. I just wasn't sure how long the tubes last. Mine still look in good shape, but I was planning ahead. Don't go through the trouble. It's probably easiest for me to just pay the few dollars to buy the spare set.
Then how could I justify my metrology tool habit?
I'm making a bit of an estimate as the one I have is slightly ovalized.
The OD is very close to 0.350". I'm not 0.001" accurate here given my approximation of a circle from an oval so it might actually be 9 mm. Wall thickness is within a couple thou. of 1/16" (1/8" crushed flat).
I think it makes sense to keep a spare on hand, but they are very durable. Just make sure that you set up the pump higher than the tank and dosing containers so that neither can siphon out if it springs a leak. I'd also set it up so that it can't drip on anything you care about if it fails, but that's good practice for anything wet.

Follow up, it still isn't worth it to me to make them, but it turns out the bushings that hold the tubing on come off by hand (and go back on by hand), so replacing the tubing would be really easy.
Where the fitting was measures 0.250" ID, and 0.0625" wall thickness. This puts the OD there at 0.375" there, although it is a bit thinner through the rest. This tube is used, so I wonder if it crept a bit over time.

thanks. I'm a bit of a gadget junky too. Learning to resist the dark side. Thanks for taking the time to measure. Agree it's probably not worth it to make them (or by the 25 feet of tubing that I'd need to get in bulk)

Back