Cali Kid Corals

cabinets

jamie

Supporting Member
hi guys, i was wondering if anyone is familiar with the redsea reefer xl525. i know its a bit over priced. the question is would i be able to cut out the divider so i can get a larger sump in,. i would like to design my own sump and its going to be alot longer than the one it comes with. i like the finish on the cabinets. thanks

I have the Reefer 525XL. The stand is made of pressed plywood and is already kinda flimsy to begin with. You definitely do not want to remove the middle divider. It’ll void Red Sea’s warranty as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Reefer 525XL. The stand is made of pressed plywood and is already kinda flimsy to begin with. You definitely do not want to remove the middle divider. It’ll void Red Sea’s warranty as well.

hmmmm. i might reinforce it then

I concur... even with the center divider it’s a miracle the Reefer stand holds all that weight. It’s like an IKEA style stand. If you’re interested in a custom sump just get the whole tank and stand customized is my advice. The problem with the Reefer stand in my opinion is it doesn’t have any back ventilation in the sump region.

guess ill have to work on my wood working skills. i can probably make the stand just not sure bout the finish. may get that done professionally if possible

guess ill have to work on my wood working skills. i can probably make the stand just not sure bout the finish. may get that done professionally if possible

I am a terrible finisher too. But not with a spray gun [emoji106]. It’s much less flow than a spray can, which produce a lot of overruns. It just that you have to do many layers!

if build it then i can make it exactly how i want it. example i would cabinet doors on the sides as well. just to make it easier to access things. i wonder if i can rent the spray gun from somewhere.

Build it! I just put together my 8020 stand yesterday. I can share the contact info for the distributor in Pleasanton that did the design. You can get pieces that slide into the t slot that allows you to snap panels on. That way you could remove your entire front for maintenance.
AF211A3B-610A-4890-A035-6E86886F2133.jpeg

Back