got ethical husbandry?

Car detailing shop suggestions?

thesassyindian

Supporting Member
Hello all,
Any suggestions for car detailing shops in the Bay Area?
Looking for a clear bra and ceramic coating.

I've gotten quotes from a few shops and they are wildly different.

Thanks!

I would do the film and skip the ceramic. It didn’t last very long when I helped my mom get it for her car. Xpel film is great however, and you can just get it done to the areas which are more likely to get damaged instead of the whole car. For my dads car they did his front splitter, rear trunk area for avoiding scratches loading things in, full hood, mirrors, and some spots on the back wheels where they could spray. Basically all the areas the detailer knew needed the most correction on cars he would polish.

Id recommend the shop I used if it wasn’t in CT lol.

For PPF there are two I would recommend.... not the cheapest but well known.

They've done all my cars for tint and they're known in the PCar world.

But if money and location not an issue, Glistening Perfection.... wow
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/103...ion-paint-correction-clear-bra-nano-tint.html

Last edited:
Has anyone here done ceramic coating?
I helped my parents out and got my moms car fully coated and in my experience with it, it was not worth it. It was great at first because we could use the foam attachment for a pressure washer, foam the car, rinse it, and it the water would bead and roll off, we finished it off drying with an electric leaf blower. But that did not last long and after a handful of washes there was no longer any benefit. And that was a fully professional done coating with the lights to cure the coating and everything.

The clear film is definitely the better option as some of the newer ones can be healed with heat. But it does require a lot of work to properly install so it can be expensive which is why for my dads car we got him just coatings in the areas that could be damaged most like the front, mirrors, and some spots in the back.

The difficult thing with each of these options is that there is no way to wax and cover small imperfections so the car must have paint correction before you can pursue one of those options or you’ll be putting clear film over scratches. That can be the bulk of the cost depending on how much correction is required. Both my parents went from dealership to detailer though so there wasn’t much correction required.
5B96EE79-3F09-4C3B-8F26-6E7BC39CE777.jpeg

I would suggest going to a reputable detail shop that can do all of that for you... proper paint correction, proper cleaning, PPF and Ceramic Coating as it can take days. If your really handy and have the tools and clean garage it can be done over a long weekend. I've heard a bunch of car guys use C-Quartz, but one thing for sure, your car should be fully detailed, all dirt and impurities taken off the paint before you ceramic coat as if you leave anything on there your pretty much sealing that on to your paint with the ceramic coat during it's time on your car.

I used elite detail in San Bruno and I am very happy with the results.

Probably the best clear bra install I’ve seen and I’ve done a few.

Ceramic coated too. I like how long it last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was kinda talked out of doing a clear bra a few years ago (by a high end Porsche body shop in Pleasanton) and I completely regret it now. I am going to be pulling the trigger soon on another car (will also be used on the track) and will definitely get it coated where it counts. A lot of folks just use masking tape on track day, but that just seems like a lot of work.

Back