Reef nutrition

Cascade "Scape First jesterRock Build

Defying gravity? I like it.

Just eyeballing it I can see that the center of mass looks to be over the one touching the ground, however by how much? If you grow a massive cap or acro colony on the hanging side will we get a tip? :D

Defying gravity? I like it.

Just eyeballing it I can see that the center of mass looks to be over the one touching the ground, however by how much? If you grow a massive cap or acro colony on the hanging side will we get a tip? :D

It would take a bigger colony than the tank will hold to tip this one. The mass is really centered low and right to offset the high left of the cascade arm - the trick is in HOW you build to get that great visual trickery... Thanks for the kind words and a sharp eye!

Going purple now, eh? Love this piece!

This one was a bit more purple than I wanted, but it is a learning curve. Hopefully I'll get better at mixing my colors - I think I need to add a few tones to get things right. Appreciate the positive feedback...

Sweet!
I doubt it will tip, given the explanation.
For truly gravity-defying, it could be attached to an acrylic base that would under the sand.

Sweet!
I doubt it will tip, given the explanation.
For truly gravity-defying, it could be attached to an acrylic base that would under the sand.

Yes, that certainly works. I've done similar things using fiberglass rods with an Emaco wrap. Nice thing about the Emaco wraps, if they get uncovered, they look like rock. Acrylic always looks like acrylic...

These look pretty cool. I'm going to be setting up a new tank in the near future and might be interested. Should I talk to you directly? Or do you have a site or something else I should check out?

Back